[purple windows/underside cars] Burnout revenge/Burnout 3 graphic/texture glitch
Ok this is even stranger.. i just tested on my GF's pc (i maintain her computer because i'm the IT dude around ^^. so same OS, gpu drivers etc, even the same GPU generation 5870 vs 5770) and guess what ? she didn't get the same problem ! Wacko

(sorry for the blurred screens Tongue pc couldn't get a decent framerate, the poor CPU is running @ 1,86Ghz)

[Image: KNpwW.jpg]
[Image: EBJ3b.jpg]

Only difference is:
Mine pc: AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE SSE2
Her's : Intel C2D 6320 SSE3

Furthermore: I heard a rumor that AMD sometimes calculates an instruction as an negative value while it's used to be a positive value on Intel.. Could it be somehow related to the missing SSE3 instructions maybe ?

Sponsored links

what missing instruction you are using SSE2 not SSE3
(08-19-2011, 08:11 PM)abdo123 Wrote: what missing instruction you are using SSE2 not SSE3

I have an AMD Phenom II X4 which hasn't SSE3 instructions (purple windows)

on the other hand, i have tested this game on my GF's pc which has an Intel Core 2 Duo 6320 @ 1,86Ghz with SSE3 instructions and now the windows are normal like they used to be..

Since AMD is missing those SSE3 instructions i thought my issue could be tracked down to the missing instructions inside the AMD architecture
can you try with SEE2 in your GF's PC so you can make sure about this Smile
(08-19-2011, 08:23 PM)abdo123 Wrote: can you try with SEE2 in your GF's PC so you can make sure about this Smile

Tried that and indeed the purple windows do appear on her Intel cpu when selecting SSE2.. case solved i guess Tongue damn.. guess it's time for I7 :')
Wow that was obscure, nice find Tongue Maybe it could be used for debugging
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-19-2011, 08:38 PM)Bositman Wrote: Wow that was obscure, nice find Tongue Maybe it could be used for debugging

Indeed Smile i will look into making a contribution maybe someone could fix it, but i can understand that the dev's got their hands full already Tongue

And furthermore i don't think i will stick with this CPU that long.. because it doesn't have any OC overhead Sad so i'm stuck to 3,2GHZ (4cores).. and for emulation you need some decent muscles like i5,i7 etc which the AMD equivalent is lacking
Ow and of course i want to thank you all for thinking with me!!!
(08-19-2011, 08:38 PM)Bositman Wrote: Wow that was obscure, nice find Tongue Maybe it could be used for debugging

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudi...er-problem

Shadow Lady cannot reproduce this on her Geforce, so it must be a AMD bug.....
(08-20-2011, 02:37 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudi...er-problem

Shadow Lady cannot reproduce this on her Geforce, so it must be a AMD bug.....

It seems to be an AMD bug indeed Smile thanks for looking into it !