[purple windows/underside cars] Burnout revenge/Burnout 3 graphic/texture glitch
This is true, however, if you look through a decompiled copy of the farcry 2 dunia.dll you'll see there are ATI specific 32bit format hacks, mainly reorganising the order for performance improvements. That doesn't change the fact that AMD has and does have on and off Texture format issues, and has done since Catalyst 8.5.

Sponsored links

ahh ok. I can't find that on google just for the moment. if you'd have hotlinked me I'd smash your argument once more. but I'm sure you don't wanna show your fake balls right now. Laugh

but I wanna say:

for top notch pc game developers... optimizing graphics to ultimate performance and not fixing your fake and fictional driver bugs and stuff is a completely different matter. they probably did it really for the performance reasons... nothing else. and... say... farcry 2 does run really fast at high detail on every hardware... does it?!

so far... another point for me. Wink

and this' where I end this cause it bores me to play that "one sided game" !!! and I could have better things to do. Tongue
yeah, onesided in that so far all you've done is scored home goals.

stick to your hobby coding you clown.
(08-27-2011, 05:32 AM)xstyla Wrote: ahh ok. I can't find that on google just for the moment. if you'd have hotlinked me I'd smash your argument once more. but I'm sure you don't wanna show your fake balls right now. Laugh

but I wanna say:

for top notch pc game developers... optimizing graphics to ultimate performance and not fixing your fake and fictional driver bugs and stuff is a completely different matter. they probably did it really for the performance reasons... nothing else. and... say... farcry 2 does run really fast at high detail on every hardware... does it?!

so far... another point for me. Wink

and this' where I end this cause it bores me to play that "one sided game" !!! and I could have better things to do. Tongue

***** no, optimization does NOT matter. You have your Sandy Vag processor and Nvidia 6990, USE IT

(08-27-2011, 04:55 AM)xstyla Wrote: lol. you asked for it. that code snippet you copypasted from google there is ridiculous to me. cause:

we all know that ATI didn't and still doesn't write good openGL drivers. and I did get that once again myself watching some of the latest hardcore demoscene prods. this no secret nor anything to hate them. cause most - if not all - of the top notch pc games and even GSDX is using the far more better DX, where openGL incompatibilities are just non exsistant. and for that format. RGBA_5551 isn't even commonly used by developers. this' a rare case scenario.

point for me. Tongue

Excuse me:
1) I know EXACTLY where that code snipped is from.
2) I WORKED on the thing that uses that code
3) I helped TEST that code
4) RGB555 is quite a common image format in N64 titles. Some titles indeed use it more often than not.
5) ATI does handle that format WRONG.

Stick your head out of your ass and do some research.
hey can you tell me what is the thing that make that value 0 ?
(08-27-2011, 06:49 AM)abdo123 Wrote: hey can you tell me what is the thing that make that value 0 ?

value 0? where? you mean this thread? if so... yeah... the last posts were just *****. Laugh

back on the topic? as posted before... this' mosdef a bug in the the asmed SSE2 code. that's something the official devs or gabest might think about... dunno if they will. ask them. Wink
(08-27-2011, 06:49 AM)abdo123 Wrote: hey can you tell me what is the thing that make that value 0 ?

Sure, it is a check via checking a proxy texture for a specific texture format. If it fails, we know ATI sucks.
going from memory, radeons also get a improvement by swapping around the texture format RGBA 8:8:8:8 to ARGB
Thanks for raping the thread with useless nvidia vs ati crap. Closed.
[Image: newsig.jpg]