questions about settings of the Nightly release vs Stable
Hi
currently i have configured the 1.6.0 stable release and it works very well with all my games. I'm using it with the front-end named Specatabis as it is possible to save specific settings for every game and these settings are saved into the Spectabis folder. Here and example:

https://i.postimg.cc/3wXwt01K/Cattura9.png

I would like to try the newes Nightly release, and in this case i have to configure again the emulator and all the settings: do you know if Spectabis is suppoterd by the Nightly release? If not, i will keep the 1.6.0 version as it is really useful to have all the settings already saved for every game and i don't want to set them again...

1) Is it possible with Nightly version to keep still valid the setting for my games that i currently have into Specatabis folder?
2) how i can download covers? https://i.postimg.cc/RZzQ2nfW/Cattura8.png
3) is it possible to set scanlines as with the stable version?  I currently have 2 different settings for 2D and 3D games: so i created these 2 files https://i.postimg.cc/3wXwt01K/Cattura9.png both for 2D and 3D games and then i put them in every game folder in Spectabis. Is it possible to do the same thing with the Nightly version? Is Spectabis still supported?
4) which is the best Renderer i can use? I mean the rendered with the best perfomance/compatibility. With 1.6.0 i'm using OPEN GL (Hardware) but some games require Direct 3D 11 (Software) in order to corectly work

thanks!

Sponsored links

Edit: Wow, this is embarrassing. It seems I completely misunderstood your post. The way it's worded, particularly that first question, I thought you where talking about using Spectabis with the Nightly builds so I had a ton of useless info. I apologize.

1) No.

2) I use Mobygames for acquiring boxart for PCSX2, ReDream, etc. --> https://www.mobygames.com/
After you find the Boxart you want, download it and add it in QT by right-clicking on the game in the list and choose Set Cover Image.

3) I don't know. I think so, but I don't use scanlines on emulators.

4) Generally, Vulcan renderer is the one you want to use. If you have an AMD card or integrated it could be Direct 3D may work better for you. I don't know how good Vulcan support is on AMD cards though, tbh. Also some games simply play better/have less glitches in the software renderer. You'll just have see which render works better for your system and the games you play.
(06-02-2022, 11:46 PM)IPlayWithHex Wrote: Edit: Wow, this is embarrassing. It seems I completely misunderstood your post. The way it's worded, particularly that first question, I thought you where talking about using Spectabis with the Nightly builds so I had a ton of useless info. I apologize.

1) No.

2) I use Mobygames for acquiring boxart for PCSX2, ReDream, etc. --> https://www.mobygames.com/
After you find the Boxart you want, download it and add it in QT by right-clicking on the game in the list and choose Set Cover Image.

3) I don't know. I think so, but I don't use scanlines on emulators.

4) Generally, Vulcan renderer is the one you want to use. If you have an AMD card or integrated it could be Direct 3D may work better for you. I don't know how good Vulcan support is on AMD cards though, tbh. Also some games simply play better/have less glitches in the software renderer. You'll just have see which render works better for your system and the games you play.

Thanks! Well:

1) if i'm not wrong, you are saying that you use Spectabis with the latest Nightly build, so i suppose that specific settings i have saved for every game in the Specatbis path, should continue to work with my Nightly version too, is that correct? Is it necessary to rename the pcsx2-qtx64-avx2 file into pcsx2.exe file in order to keep still valid the correct working with Spectabis, right?
EDIT: i discovered that wit right click --> Properties, i can set specific settings for every game. But unfortunately i have to set them all as i can use the ones i created with Spectabis..Sad

2) I'm sorry, yes i know how to load them. I would like to know if there is an automatic way to download all the covers, not manually Smile

3) yes, i found the scanlines option Smile

4) I have a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER: is it better to use Vulkan?

5) Currently i have Soul Calibur III.iso and Soul Calibur III - Arcade Edition.iso (it is an hacked and enhanced version of the original game), but when i scan the games, PCSX2 detect both games as Soul Calibur III:
https://i.postimg.cc/63ccrr4P/Cattura9.png
and even if i try to load different covers, PCSX2 put the same cover on both games:
https://i.postimg.cc/fygvFMKj/Cattura10.png
Is it possible to consider them as 2 different games, with 2 different names? I would like to rename the game into the right as Soul Calibut III - Arcade Edition, but i can't do it...

thank you!
2) No, there is no way to automatically download all the covers. You have to do it manually

5) How did you hack the original game?
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
1) Yeah, I use Spectabis with the Nightly builds. Specifically the wxWidget versions -- using it with QT is redundant as I'm sure you're awhere(QT has a game library plus per-game configs).

However, if you did wish to 'upgrade' Spectabis from an old stable version to a (wxWidget)Nightly build, it would be best to start from scratch with a clean Spectabis folder -- So much has changed/been added to the Nightly builds the configs generated by Spectabis for old builds *could* cause issues. I admit, I never copied over configs from an older Spectibas setup to a newer one, so I don't know for sure.... 

'Is it necessary to rename the pcsx2-qtx64-avx2 file into pcsx2.exe?' <-- I read this before but I can't recall the context or reasoning behind doing this. I've never done it.

5) Yeah, it's easy. Here's one way:

(*Make sure wordwrap in notepad is off -- back up both GameIndex files beforehand*)
Find find the GameIndex.yaml file. In portable installs on windows it can found @ C:\Path to PCSX2\resources\GameIndex.yaml.

Open this file in notepad and press Crtl + F and search for Soul Calibur III.

Look for an entry like this :
SLPM-61133:
name: "Soul Calibur III [Trial Version]

Change the name part to read:
name: "Soul Calibur III - Arcade Edition"

Save and close the file. Then look for and open(with notepad) the GameIndex.dbf located in your Spectibas folder. Again, find the Soul Calibur III [Trial Version] entry and rename it Soul Calibur III - Arcade Edition and save and close it.

Mount your Soul Calibur III Arcade Edition.iso in virtual clone drive. Open it in File Explorer and highlight all files and copy them into an empty folder.

If your modded ISO was originally US version, you should see a file named SLUS_212.16 (Japanese version will have SLPS_255.77, etc.)

Rename this file to SLPM_611.33
Open up the SYSTEM.CNF file in notepad. The first line should be similar to this:
BOOT2 = cdrom0:\SLUS_212.16;1 

Change the SLUS_212.16;1 bit at the end to SLPM_611.33;1 then save and close the file.
(This line is just an example. The idea here is just to change the old Game ID found within the SYSTEM.CNF file to the new Game ID and nothing else!)

Now all you have to do is use imgburn to rebuild the ISO. From on now, technically PCSX2 (and Spectabis) will see this ISO as the Soul Calibur III Trial Version. However, since we renamed it in the GameIndex.yaml file earlier, the name displayed in PCSX2 will be Soul Calibur III Arcade Edition. Additionally, Spectabis will call it by the name we gave it and even create a config folder for it with the new name as well since we altered the Spectabis GameIndex.dbf too.

Edit: One more thing; In both GameIndex files, you will see a region entry below the name. The Soul Calibur Trial Version in my example above is NTSC-J (Japanese). You could change the region entry to match the actual region of your game also, but this may not be necessary.
(06-03-2022, 11:12 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: 2) No, there is no way to automatically download all the covers.  You have to do it manually

5) How did you hack the original game?

thanks!

I didn't hack it by myself, i downloaded it from here: *snip*
some people never understand ....probably too dumb to be here...

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go