r3878 crash (Not game specific)
Thanks for the move. Though strangely I put the clock back on (Actually, slightly higher as I've tidied the cables in my case) and did exactly the same thing while I was out, and it didn't crash either. So either I somehow fixed the problem or, more likely, leaving it looping at the intro screen wasn't enough to cause it to crash. Welp, time to start playing something on it, then ¬_¬

Edit: Yup, left it playing an AI free for all match in the background of SvR09 and it crashed. Derp.

Sponsored links

Set the SPU2 to ZeroSPU2 instead, and it played for a couple of hours in the background without crashing, so could that rule out the overclock afterall? Out of interest, I've just started blasting a round of Super PI to see if it throws out any wrong numbers, as its supposed to be one of the more sensative clock testing tools as it should detect incorrect calculations, and its some serious number crunching.

So on that note, I'm going to try installing the latest (maybe) Dan K drivers, which are technically older than the current creative ones since he stopped working on them. But if it gixes the crash, I really don't mind XD
Sorry to make several posts on this, but I'd just like to add that Dan K's drivers have fixed the problem, it plays fine now, not had any crashes. Thanks for the help Bositman!
Glad to be of help Smile Pretty sad to see official creative drivers failing so bad while some dude's own custom ones work so much better...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
not really i use daniels drivers on my audigy zs2 and just got crash in same dll XAudio2_6.dll_unloaded while playing tournament in Sword of the Samurai,no clocks on system.
pcsx2 r4580

sorry for necroing the topic,but it was only related to problem
Are you overclocked? That solved the majority of the above persons issues.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Strangely nobody pointed the "main" issue with the OP setup. The sheer amount of possible problems which can arise from installing games in C:\Program Files (any specially protected folder actually) under Vista and Seven is simply unpredictable. It should be common practice to tell the user to reinstall into a user created folder before anything else.

To new users, be aware it's not only a problem with PCSX2, whoever attended the TESnexus forum know how this "default" folder is responsible for almost all issues concerned to access rights and a killer to any moddable game, or games which rely in plugins whatsoever. So the advice to avoid installing in C:\Program Files, C:\Program Files (x86), Documents or even the Desktop should be followed for installing any game, even the native PC ones.
Imagination is where we are truly real
i mentioned that there is no O-clocks on system.
i never use program files folder everything is stored on backup partition 5 folders long where 5th folder has one space in it.

*EDIT
but it looks like its ok now,its some random encountered crash for which i can't find a reason.
My bad, I meant the OP. Too much nested folders can be an issue to some applications (something related to number of characters in the sum) but does not seem related with your actual case.

System crashes might be logged in the System.log under Event Viewer.

Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> System.

Pay attention to messages tagged as Error or Critical.
Imagination is where we are truly real
yah ,no problem in that region,comp is 6-7 days active without restarts.its stable as rock
anyway i guess it was just some random crash,as since then i played same game for multiple hours and no problems of any kind what so ever.