ratchet and clack slow'ish...
Heart 
R&C1 will run slow when there is a lot to render in view 16 to 22fps., when there isn't. its fine. 45 to 50fps.

Is there any possible chance of running this game faster when there is a lot to render? or is my system entirely too midrange crap?
From what I've found around here, the R&C games are not very good at being emulated.

System Specs
-Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.
-AMD Athlon II X4 630 @ OC 3.22ghz
-DDR3 PC3-10666 3.25gb (6gb but stupid 32bit has a cap)
-GA-MA770T-UD3P Motherboard
-XFX Radeon 5770 1GB @ OC 900mhz core / 1225mhz Memory. DX11 compatible.
-Audigy 2 ZS
(I've got just over 3 terabytes in HDD's total, 1.5tb in an external drive which I am running the extracted ISO from).
only problem with hdd's is they are mostly all full. where my OS is installed its has 9gb free. Where my paging file is, there is 13gb free, and where im running the iso from has 17gb free.

-Running the latest PCSX2 1.0, and all of the latest drivers.
-All PSCX2 settings are on default.
-I usually turn off whatever possible services and programs when running PCSX2 including firewall.
-Using a 360 wireless receiver to play games with wireless 360 controllers.

I've yet to try any other game as this is the only game I've ripped so far.

Sponsored links

Enable speedhacks, Ratchet & Clank games can take them quite well. Put the EE cycle rate to maximum and VU cycle steal to the second last option (I think that's 2), also consider enabling any other hacks if they're disabled, then try again. I was able to play them to completion without problems on a way worse spec laptop that way.
Thank you! The game is slightly more tolerable to play. While it reports 40 to 50 fps during heavy rendering scenes, it seems to be running more around 30fps. Not exactly enjoyable to play as some areas still feel like they go down to 18fps. Any other settings and options that can help?

I was previously getting texture problems, some object would just be white until you reach them, other objects just have glitches (i.e. on certain planes and walls). I believe I did have the same problems before when I tried on 0.9.8.

speedhack settings
[Image: FbB4Z.jpg]

texture glitch
[Image: lRnQn.jpg]

textures working fine (when you get closer)
[Image: hgPvH.jpg]
(12-19-2012, 11:17 PM)kendog88 Wrote: textures working fine (when you get closer)
[Image: hgPvH.jpg]

Yep, nothing you can do about that except playing in SWmode...

Or hWmode + native perhaps... (dont think ive tried that)

Anyway, try and play r&C with 8-bit textures on / off setting in GSdx..

And you might surprise how REALY slowish ... Slowish is... with 8-bit textures disabled !!

Atleast on my system that is Laugh

Enabling that i have now 99.99% full game speed by just adjusting the VU to 1.. and EE just at default Biggrin

EE doesn't improve a thing anyway i noticed!

Also, VU 2 & 3 setting is overkill .. haven't you noticed you lag either way if you set the VU too high ... moreover VU lag is more excesive i noticed despite the fullspeed you get to read when upping VU (false reading me thinks) !!

Atleast at some parts that are more demanding, you should try that which i just explained ... VU setting included.. and you'll see what i mean..

cheerriepoppers,
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 [email protected] stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1
I put my cycle rate at 2, and VU stealing at 1, an OC my Phenom II x4 to 4.0GHz, and enable Software rendering on 3 threads. Only thing I notice that's off is when the game plays the video of you getting into your ship, the audio and video become desynced, and the video plays slowly, but it's fixed when you go to a new planet, or when you exit the ship.
(12-20-2012, 08:06 AM)The Walking Glitch Wrote: I put my cycle rate at 2, and VU stealing at 1, an OC my Phenom II x4 to 4.0GHz, and enable Software rendering on 3 threads. Only thing I notice that's off is when the game plays the video of you getting into your ship, the audio and video become desynced, and the video plays slowly, but it's fixed when you go to a new planet, or when you exit the ship.

Lip desynchronisation is a most common foe alright !!

Have had that phenomenon myself quite a bit Ingame BO2..

But not al the time... certain scenes !!

All in All... pcsx2 does an GREAT JOB, provided you do a lil tweaking here and there Tongue

cherriepoppers,
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 [email protected] stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1
Here best setups for Ratchet and clank 2 / 3:

You can increase EE Cyclerate to 3 if it still run slow, but you lost smooth animation.

Emulation speed: min 62 / average ~80-120fps
CPU: Core i7 3770K HT 4300Mhz
Mobo: MSI Z77A G43 bios 2.4
GPU: Radeon HD 6950
RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600Mhz
HDD: SSD Vertex 4 128GB, 2x Samsung 3TB
Windows 7 x64