read error in FF12
Hi,

I have a legal copy of final fantasy 12 that i'm trying to run on pcsx2. When i try to run the game (after following the guide of course) I get the following error:

1) Root directory not found on iso image (remember I'm using the game DVD in the drive, but when i open the cdvd config, it points to 'no disk' even after i change it)
2) Error name: IsoFS
3) log file runs smoothly until i get this:

read error in isoReadBlock. (this line is repeated three times)
detected blocksize = 2448
(IsoFs) invalid partition descriptor found at block 0x10: ' '
Stream exception: (pxInvokeActionEvent ) root directory not found on ISO image.

Now it seems the error is from a bug in the cdvd config, since it is not pointing to my drive even when i instruct it to.

My setttings:
Windsows XP Sp3, ATI card (i know it's powerful since it can run RA3 with no problems), pcsx2 version 0.9.7.3113 (svn).

Help is much appreciated.

Sponsored links

make an iso of your game using imgburn and use linuziso plugin to select the iso you made.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
That actually worked, thanks!

Do you know how i can speed it up? the conversation looks as if they're talking in their sleep LMAO Smile
use some speedhacks, test them to see what is the best combination
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest