really really sorry to ask
hi im really sorry to ask for help on this subject & i know it pisses the Mods and experienced users but hope you will help me :

i seen this laptop and im wondering how PCSX2 will run on it ,im not really good with hardware and dont understand much about graphics cards

Processor - Intel® Core™ i5 - 3210M (2.50 GHz, 3.10 GHz with
TurboBoost , 3MB L3 Cache)

RAM - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM

Graphics - AMD Radeon HD 7650M 1GB - Dedicated

OS - Windows 8

im basicly just buying a new laptop for emulation .please can you help .thanks

Sponsored links

"A new laptop for emulation." Well that's your first problem. I suppose it could just depend on the games that you want to play if they're lighter or not but for the most part, laptops are never good for emulation. Chances are you'll also have overheating issues with any laptop you pick. The laptop itself is not bad though, it could run quite a few on the lighter games. Such as Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X.
the laptop above can play battlefield 3 on high settings + Fifa 13 on high settings ,well so ive read do u think it will run pcsx2 even on native settings ?

is it the graphics card thats letting me down ?

or would i be better just buying an Alienware laptop
Quote:he laptop above can play battlefield 3 on high settings + Fifa 13 on high settings
comparing native pc games & emulated games is a ridiculous nonsense.

Many games under pcsx2 may be really more CPU demanding than the games you mentioned.

I'd say many games would be able to run@ Full speed as long as you don't push internal res too high (2 x, maybe 3x)

I said "would" because I don't know how the linux build generally performs. But what I said is valid for the windows build.

EDIT : Provided you devide one day to use the windows build, feel free to ask here : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Many games under pcsx2 may be really more CPU demanding than the games you mentioned.

I'd say many games would be able to run@ Full speed as long as you don't push internal res too high (2 x, maybe 3x)

I said "would" because I don't know how the linux build generally performs. But what I said is valid for the windows build.

thanks i just noticed i posted in the linux section my mistake in should be in windows section lol , i was going to buy an alienware laptop but this is me trying to save some pennies but if you think it will run original ps2 rez ,i would be happy with that
I wish we could get x2 or x3 on Linux, but since SW mode is only thing reliably working, it's pretty much native res only.
don't bother to buy even an alienware, they're not that great, if you're planning to buy a computer for pcsx2, why not just buy a desktop, okay it's bigger and you can't take it with you, but you will get more bang for your buck.
That laptop will do well with most PS2 games, actually.

Some heavier stuff will require some Speedhacks and low resolution,
and like with any PC, there are games it won't be able to handle,
but, yeah-- definitely suitable for PCSX2.
thanks for the replys .think i will just buy that laptop Smile......

don't bother to buy even an alienware, they're not that great, if you're planning to buy a computer for pcsx2, why not just buy a desktop, okay it's bigger and you can't take it with you, but you will get more bang for your buck.

Really really sorry to answer, I believe it will do fine with many games and struggle with a few... but then, even powerful desktops struggle with some Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real