red text
Can anyone explain to me what with the red text? I think its appear when I start paste some cheat code in the cheat folder.
[Image: tVXhGyx.jpg]
Is that red text something that I need to concern? Thanks before and sorry if somehow this issue have been answerd in the same other thread.

Sponsored links

it most of the time means your cheats aren't made correctly.
but if you don't have any gameplay problem, and your cheats are working, just don't care about those.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Oh I see, thanks.
But is that happened also because there are some cheat that I didn't activated? I got this cheat of Persona 4 from this forum and when I paste it into cheat folder, there are some in that cheat didn't active.
All cheats that are somehow commented (for example by using '//') are not applied. Errors inside uncommented codes are ignored.
If it is pnach related it should be in one of your active codes.
(12-18-2014, 01:16 PM)refixnarcism Wrote: Oh I see, thanks.
But is that happened also because there are some cheat that I didn't activated? I got this cheat of Persona 4 from this forum and when I paste it into cheat folder, there are some in that cheat didn't active.

Code:
Well formed non commented cheat codes ALWAYS activate even if don't do what was expected from them (case of wrong codes for example).

Remember, a cheat code is a memory address and a value to be pushed into that address. If the address is wrong the memory will be written anyway with a corruption which might not be noticed for a long time but eventually ruin the entire game when that address is accessed (not always so but a real danger).

For that reason, if a cheat seems not to work, don't make a sstate with it activated, you might make a corrupted memory which will stick between gaming sessions and be like a time bomb.

For that reason, case you have done sstates already the advice is to go to next save point and save the game to memcard. quit the emulator completely and restart and then load the game from the memcard. Once that is done and hopefully with a clean memory, make the sstate, Better sure than sorry later on.

All the above is particularly true in the present case since the codes or some of them are giving TLB miss already.

Edit: I misread your question, non activated, commented cheat codes don't cause that problem, the error is on the active codes, at least some of them... or the memory is already corrupted, follow the recommended procedure of saving on memcard and avoid sstates till resolving the issue.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Cheats like adding all items to your inventory are also tricky when it comes to permanently marking a Save.

Sometimes story-event items get added and you'll block out certain events from happening because the game thinks it already happened due to the inventory being there. Then you'll end up having to completely restart your game from scratch. Always be careful with such codes, it's best to use modified codes of that specific code where key items are omitted from them. Even reloading from a Memory Card save won't help you there.

(This happened to me in Kingdom Hearts 1, by adding all Navi-G pieces to my Inventory I broke the entire game and couldn't advance the story anymore, even after using another code to remove the pieces and reloading from a Memory Card Save).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(12-18-2014, 02:43 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Edit: I misread your question, non activated, commented cheat codes don't cause that problem, the error is on the active codes, at least some of them... or the memory is already corrupted, follow the recommended procedure of saving on memcard and avoid sstates till resolving the issue.

Oh yeah, I tend to use save states when I'm on a ran and can't find the closest save point in the game.
So basically, the easiest way is erasing the .pnach of the game then try to make it again and put the cheat manually one by one plus check if that red text appear again or not.
(12-18-2014, 03:18 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Cheats like adding all items to your inventory are also tricky when it comes to permanently marking a Save.

Sometimes story-event items get added and you'll block out certain events from happening because the game thinks it already happened due to the inventory being there. Then you'll end up having to completely restart your game from scratch. Always be careful with such codes, it's best to use modified codes of that specific code where key items are omitted from them. Even reloading from a Memory Card save won't help you there.

(This happened to me in Kingdom Hearts 1, by adding all Navi-G pieces to my Inventory I broke the entire game and couldn't advance the story anymore, even after using another code to remove the pieces and reloading from a Memory Card Save).

Yes, I had the same issue when I played Pokemon Platinum, I accidentally put a cheat of all items and end up getting key items that lead to another area but since I didn't follow the event, I don't get anything.
(12-18-2014, 04:40 PM)refixnarcism Wrote: Oh yeah, I tend to use save states when I'm on a ran and can't find the closest save point in the game.
So basically, the easiest way is erasing the .pnach of the game then try to make it again and put the cheat manually one by one plus check if that red text appear again or not.

First disable the cheats all together and perform the memcard save. The difference is the normal save rebuilds the game from the disk (ISO) + the minimal necessary information like your position in the game, status and inventory. This way the memory is the cleanest possible when loading from the memory card. The sstate is a snapshot of the memory and then will perpetuate any corruption already there.

Once the memory is clean is safe to use sstates again. Now reenter the cheat codes always confirming it is doing the expected, otherwise it will be just writing wrong memory addresses with garbage, if success proceed, otherwise that code is wrong and shall not be used.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Okay, I understand, will try that. Thanks a lot!