reduction in fps after rev 363
Exclamation 
sir i dont know whether its wrong to mention it here
first i want to appreciate u guys are putting forward

i have been expericing fps reduction in all games after rev 363 after the new algorithm has been implemented.the change may be better for faster cpus but for the games with less speed may run better with the earlier code.so will it better to add those as options so that user can set it to his taste and all add an option to select the no of cycles

thanks for reading this any way

Sponsored links

i believe this is due to the change in EE wait cycles.
if we higher the value anymore, games break.

so for compatibility reasons, it was lowered.
it is the price to pay in order to get higher compatibility

edit: too late

edit2:"change in EE wait cycles"=> is that kind of option modiable throught the hack speed menu? kannan=> did you try those option to get your speed back?
(12-15-2008, 10:29 PM)cottonvibes Wrote: i believe this is due to the change in EE wait cycles.
if we higher the value anymore, games break.

so for compatibility reasons, it was lowered.

sir then can u add it as an option so that we can change the no of cycles in our on taste.
we're thinking of adding it as a speedhack; but we're still trying to fix some syncing problems.
so before we add it as a hack, we want to fix that stuff Tongue2
Yes, the speed reduction is directly related to the EE_WAIT_CYCLE setting.

We've talked it over and it seems like a viable speedhack option. I will set it up so that you can dynamically enable the EE_WAIT_CYCLE to 3072 (fast) / 512 (Slow) values.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
I'm getting like 5 to 7 fps less than before in Final Fantasy XII. Thanks for the news Smile
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
will adding the option for the same for iop be useful?