regarding nvidia control panel settings
I have previously used nvidia control panel to enable certain settings such as anti-aliasing in older games, but it doesnt seem to work for pxsx2. Anyone know of a way to get it to work on the emulator?

Sponsored links

Use the ZeroGS plugin and crank up the AA.
in gsdx you either use very high "d3d internal res." values or you include the line "msaa=x" (x=[0,2,4,8]) in the gsdx.ini file (needs latest beta rev of gsdx).
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
the reason I asked about the control panel thing is that it has helped the fps of some processor intensive games in the past when using the control panel for AA isntead of the program itself. so theres no way to enable aa and other features with it?
Nope. The control panel only actually enhances thing the game engine itself is capable of doing.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
interesting to know, thank you for the explanation. However, I dont quite understand how it works in old games that dont have aa? for instance, it works in anarchy online
(08-04-2009, 01:48 AM)Warhorse8 Wrote: interesting to know, thank you for the explanation. However, I dont quite understand how it works in old games that dont have aa? for instance, it works in anarchy online

It does it without the game engine being aware of it. Which is why sometimes it doesn't work out so well, occasionally games use techniques that don't mesh well with it.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(08-04-2009, 12:09 AM)Warhorse8 Wrote: I have previously used nvidia control panel to enable certain settings such as anti-aliasing in older games, but it doesnt seem to work for pxsx2. Anyone know of a way to get it to work on the emulator?

In case of current GS plugins you cant use this method as it also happens with many other PC games.

You can get the latest GSdx revision (when the server is up >_>) and use the method zero29 mentioned.

There used to be another method with nvidia cards using the nhancer app and changing the antialiasing compatibility to AA&HDR 45 and using forced AA but it only worked when using GSdx D3D9(Hardware) Fullscreen mode and D3D.int res same as your fullscreen mode not sure how it works with new GSdx Tongue
(08-04-2009, 01:48 AM)Warhorse8 Wrote: interesting to know, thank you for the explanation. However, I dont quite understand how it works in old games that dont have aa? for instance, it works in anarchy online

Some games dont need a specific AA profile to have AA, some others do.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
The nhancer way worked as of a few gsdx revisions ago. Read no more than 5. But as Shadow lady said that has a couple of conditions. Also the the MSAA method presently like anything else is perfect it does cause graphical bugs in some games.
thanks for the replies .

Am I correct in thinking that raising the aa settings through the ini file would require a relatively larger amount of cpu power when compared to equivalent aa settings that are applied through the nvidia console? I'm not a programmer so im not sure exactly how it works, but would the nvidia console change rely more on gpu power than a plugin ini change? Basically im just wondering if this hypothetical scenario would result in higher fps, at least theoretically.

thanks