reinstalling windows: how can I not lose my save files?
I'm going to be reinstalling windows and I want to still have my saves (not save states, just memory card saves) for my games. Any suggestions?

Sponsored links

Just copy the two files Mcd001.ps2 and Mcd002.ps2 inside the memcards folder and after the reinstalation just copy them again in the same folder after installing pcsx2.

Or just copy your whole pcsx2 directory to other partition and use pcsx2 from there from now on.
Email the memcard files to yourself =P
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
1. copy saves/pcsx2folder to different partition... you dont need to format whole disc to install new system
2. burn saves to a CD
3. copy saves to a memstick
4. coppy to a floppy
5. upload on some website like rapidshare
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
(09-14-2009, 03:54 PM)vsub Wrote: Just copy the two files Mcd001.ps2 and Mcd002.ps2 inside the memcards folder and after the reinstalation just copy them again in the same folder after installing pcsx2.

Or just copy your whole pcsx2 directory to other partition and use pcsx2 from there from now on.

okay, so if i put the whole program file directory thinger on my hardrive and bust that bad nastie onto my new OS I can take the mcd file thingers and put them in the memory card directory and I'll be playing like its 1999?
(09-14-2009, 11:32 PM)dontgetbloodon Wrote:
(09-14-2009, 03:54 PM)vsub Wrote: Just copy the two files Mcd001.ps2 and Mcd002.ps2 inside the memcards folder and after the reinstalation just copy them again in the same folder after installing pcsx2.

okay, so if i put the whole program file directory thinger on my hardrive and bust that bad nastie onto my new OS I can take the mcd file thingers and put them in the memory card directory and I'll be playing like its 1999?

My pcsx2 directory is in my drive D and my windows is in drive C so I can reinstall my windows as mush as I want times but my pcsx2 folder will be the same(settings,memory cards,savestates and etc.).I wont loose anything.

Of course if you are not going to delete the whole hard drive(all of your partitions)
files are on D doesnt specificly meen they will work when OS partition is deleted

many installed programs wont work anymore since stuff like dll's installed into OS folders will be gone

easiest ways to be certain is to email to yourself or just put the files on a memorystick
[Image: 1454055.png]
(09-14-2009, 11:45 PM)ChronicNL Wrote: files are on D doesnt specificly meen they will work when OS partition is deleted

many installed programs wont work anymore since stuff like dll's installed into OS folders will be gone

easiest ways to be certain is to email to yourself or just put the files on a memorystick

Yes I know but we're talking about pcsx2 not some programs that places files in the OS partition even if you're installing it into other partition.
yep and pcsx2 will work, i did format week ago
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
Unless, of course, Windows decide to be retarded and change the drive letter to something else. In that case, just start pcsx2, go to memory cards and change the drive letter accordingly.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!