Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reservoir dogs screen bug
hi guys

I thought i'd ask because this has been bugging me for a while i am playing reservoir dogs and it normally runs fine but whenever i enter bullet festival i get a weird screen glitch with horizontal lines. i have tried running this in native and a few custom resolutions but i have had no luck so far.

my pc specs are

windows 8
acer
aspire v3
intel® core™ i5-3230m cpu 2.60ghz turbo boost up to 3.2ghz processor
installed memory 8.00 (7.82 usable)
system type 64-bit
nvidia 710m geoforce

i am running the emulator with these settings

EE/IOP
recompiler, recompiler, negative, extra+preserve sign

VUs Microvurecompiler, microvurecompiler, negative, extra+preserve sign

gs

speedhacks
EE cyclerate=1 Vu cycle stealing=3, enable INTC spin detection, Enable wait loop detection, mvu flag hack and mtvu
no game fixes.

video plugin settings
adapter= NVIDIA geforce 710m
renderer direct 3d11 hardware
interlacing= none
custom resolution= 1020x1020
texture filtering= not checked i squared it i don't know the official term lol.
allow 8-bit textures= checked

and that's it if u need anything else please feel free to ask but if anyone can help me fix the horizontal lines i would be very grateful as my copies of the game don't seem to work on my ps2 and i would really like to play it.

thanks you Smile

Sponsored links

It's most likely because of the VU cycle stealing. Try with out. Also moving this to where it should be. Also why are you using non default rounding/clamping?
[Image: vwah44]
Gaming: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | R9 290 | 16GB RAM | 480GB(240GB+240GB RAID0) SSD | 3 TB HDD | 1 TB HDD | 500GB HDD
Server: AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4Ghz | GTX 670 | 16GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 320GB HDD
PCSX2 General Troubleshooting FAQ
ok thanks for the reply ill try without VU, i use non default because for some reason the settings i use work perfect with dragon ball z and a bunch of other games i dont know why tho. by the way sorry if i posted this in the wrong place im new to the forum Smile
You should generally use the default rounding and clamping modes unless the compatibility list tells you otherwise.
[Image: vwah44]
Gaming: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | R9 290 | 16GB RAM | 480GB(240GB+240GB RAID0) SSD | 3 TB HDD | 1 TB HDD | 500GB HDD
Server: AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4Ghz | GTX 670 | 16GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 320GB HDD
PCSX2 General Troubleshooting FAQ
ok it seems to be working fine for the games i use anyway but same games i have to change it back, by the way i tried the vu cycle and it didn't fix the problem but it did increase my fps which i had slight trouble with so either way im happy Smile im starting to think it could just be the iso because this is the only game it seems to happen to and i have spent 2 hours doing different settings and no luck i can play the game fine otherwise so ill just put up with it when using bullet mode wich is rare anyway Smile thanks for your help