resolution problem
hi all, i have a question. my monitor supports a maximum resolution of 1440*900. but when i select that resolution on the last gsdx plug in, it simply doesnt start the game. why? and its the same with resolutions like 1152*864. only 1024*768 works Sad what can i do to use the maximum resolution? btw i am playing mgs3.

thanks

Sponsored links

I have similar problem but it doesn't happen every time and I don't know if GSdx or the emu is the problem but sometimes when I want to run the emu at full screen,the emu freeze at the first message
"MTGS > Thread Started,Opening GS Plugin..."
thats what happens to me everytime i use greater resolutions. although my graphic card supports it without problems. does anyone know the reason /answer for this problem? thanks
what OS are you using?
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(03-10-2009, 01:23 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: what OS are you using?

XP SP2 and I'm starting to think that pcsx2/GSdx isn't the problem.
check to see if you have the drivers updated, and also directx updated (even though pcsx2 wouldn't even start playing without it) Mellow
Windows 7 64bit

(03-10-2009, 02:39 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: check to see if you have the drivers updated, and also directx updated (even though pcsx2 wouldn't even start playing without it) Mellow

Everything is in the way that pcsx2 was always working correctly before.I have the newest directX but 81.98 for video drivers(I always use them because if I use anything newer I get all kind of problems related to video drivers).I'm 99% sure that the problem is something about the directx because when something like that happen it's almost 99% possible to have problems with any video player that uses directx for renderer(the player freezes when I try to run any video file).If I set the video renderer to Direct3D or Video Mixing Renderer(VMR)7 the videos are starting but on directx or overlay(except on WMP)they are freezing
Direct3D IS part of DirectX Blink, however i'm not sure what is causing your problem (could also be a bad gfx card, but who knows Unsure ) Closedeyes
Windows 7 64bit

well the problem is that i cant play on high resolutions like 1400*900. only 1024 works.. strange :s
GSdx has bugs with certain resolutions in some games. If a custom res doesn't work in a game,use native or a lower/higher one until you find one that works
[Image: newsig.jpg]