saving+crashing issue
hello, nice to meet you, I decided to register as iv  gotten a lot of use out of this emulation system and its really quite interesting and useful, as someone who loves to play ps2 games but doesn't always have time or privacy to put the console on, im gratefull for such a software.

that said somethings happened recently that may make future use difficult.

so one of my favourite games growing up was zone of the enders, i didn't get very far but I loved the gameplay, iv been using save states cause you have to get to a certain part of the game in order to save (weird right?) anyways, iv already made some progress, been saving every so often just in case, and I was just about to start the next mission when i go to save, the game crashes, well not crashes exactly, the game window closes and a new window pops up, it doesn't say error or tells me why, it just tells me the folder where I think everything's being saved or just the ps2 bios folder address and thats it. 

luckily everythings backed up, but now whenever I try to save the game using savestates, it closes, and I don't understand why, at first I thought maybe its something to do with memory cards but if im using save states that cant be it, then i figured what if its one of the drives Im using on my laptop, i keep trying to clear stuff out of my second drive but I never know what needs throwing out, and iv definitely got enough room on the other one but i don't know how to switch it.

whether the save states require adequate storage or the files corrupted I have no idea, id really appreciate any advice or information because I at this point in time iv found great solace playing old ps2 games, from the convenience of my laptop, its relaxing (Ironically as some of these games i barely got past but thats mostly me) and i love each of these unique games, some I never even played. Id be really confused and anxious if this amazing system stopped working and I didn't know why, especially when I learned as much as i could and waited so long for a compatible OS to run it.

I greatly appreciate anything you have to say.

P.S. almost forgot to mention its version 1.5.0

Sponsored links

1.5.0 is unsupported.
please upgrade.

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the
portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go