settings that only partly solve a problem
the TC offset X , TC offset Y settings allow to allign some bloom effects , the point is : the values needed to allign some bloom effects are different depending on the element that have the bloom effect , for example : in tales of tbe abyss the value 400 is ok for both the axis for most of the bloom effects , but for some other bloom effects in the same game , we need to change those vlaues to something bigger or something lower and the result is that we never obtain a perfect bloom-fix for now, how can we solve this problem ?

Sponsored links

TC Offset X and Y are always going to be game-specific, there's no way to work around that.

Half-pixel Offset hack usually works for most games now as well, but again this is game specific and should not be left enabled by default. So if TC Offset X and Y is being buggy in certain areas, give Half-pixel Offset a try (make sure to turn off the TC Offset X and Y when using this).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
is not like it's buggy , it's a matter of different values that must be set for the same game depending on the bloom effect , for example , in tales of the abyss , the value 400 is ok for some bloom effects , but for some other areas , i had to change those values to 100 in order to get a proper allignment , so maybe in the updated version of the emulator it could be implemented something meant to obtain some sort of "dynamic alligmnent" , something that probably would be similar to what the ps2 do
Changing the TC offsets on the fly isn't going to be a thing. There is no way to know if or when a TC offset is needed. It's basically an option in case upscaling causes defects in a game. Have you tried running at native resolution or on a Software renderer?
of course i tried but as you may noticed the quality of the graphic with those render is beyond ***** and miserable , so it's not an option , as i said , i am not proposing nothing impossible , is something that developers for the ps2 areeady did , after all we are talking about the same games that were created for ps2 , so is only a matter of understand how they managed to make sure that every bloom effect is always alligned despite the movements of the camera and every other interested aspect of the game
(10-20-2018, 02:32 AM)tizzio Wrote: of course i tried but as you may noticed the quality of the graphic with those render is beyond ***** and miserable , so it's not an option , as i said , i am not proposing nothing impossible , is something that developers for the ps2 areeady did , after all we are talking about the same games that were created for ps2 , so is only a matter of understand how they managed to make sure that every bloom effect is always alligned despite the movements of the camera and every other interested aspect of the game

I don't think you really comprehend how complex and even at times nigh impossible that request really is. Also not "it's not understand how they managed to make sure that every bloom effect is always alligned despite the movements of the camera and every other interested aspect of the game" At that point that's a per game modification to make each game work with the stretched or rather up scaled resolution because at native PCSX2 already does exactly what your suggesting.

Also, Native res looks fine I seriously don't see the issue people have with it that's what the games supposed to look like.
(10-20-2018, 02:32 AM)tizzio Wrote: of course i tried but as you may noticed the quality of the graphic with those render is beyond ***** and miserable , so it's not an option , as i said , i am not proposing nothing impossible , is something that developers for the ps2 areeady did , after all we are talking about the same games that were created for ps2 , so is only a matter of understand how they managed to make sure that every bloom effect is always alligned despite the movements of the camera and every other interested aspect of the game

Of course the quality is lower. It's native resolution. That's why it works better, it's not forcefully upscaling. Bloom misalignment is a well known side effect of upscaling that, as of now, doesn't have a known solution. The best counter is to stick to a native resolution, but if you can deal with a partial fix, the Half Pixel Offset hack set to Normal can also do the trick, if your Internal Resolution is still down around 2x or 3x.

Edit: and lol no, PS2 developers didn't need to do any of this, because they didn't artificially upscale things that were never built to be upscaled.
ok , well of course we are all looking for a solution that allow proper bloom effects even with any level of upscaling , i already know that native resolution cna sovle the problem but seriousely do not talk like you didn't notice how s-hi-tty are the games with the native graphic , so knowing this you see how really that isn't the solution at all
That may be hard to understand, but PS2 games weren't made to be running at high resolution.
Hence the artifacts you can get like misaligned bloom.
Unfortunately, maybe one day we'll be able to find a "general fix", but it's definitely at the bottom of the compatibility list. Main goal is native accuracy, secondary features (like perfect upscaling ) will come next on the to-do list.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-20-2018, 10:13 AM)tizzio Wrote: but seriousely do not talk like you didn't notice how  s-hi-tty are the games with the native graphic

The same way...even better than on the original hardawre,you are probably too used to HD graphics.

You have two choices:
1.Set Half-Pixel offset to Vertex,this will fix the bloom effect(I did not find a place that it was not fixed)but you will get an annoying blinking line at the left side of the screen(it can probably be fixed by the texture offsets but I did not test it.
2.Set SkipDraw to 3-4...this will disabled the bloom and not make the game look darker like before when we had the ability to set only one value which was making the game look darker unless you also set the brightness to 100 and personally I think the game look better that way without that blurry bloom effect.
Also if you also enable Half-Pixel offset and set it to "Special (Texture)" not vertext(with vertex you get the blinking line at left side),this will make the game look even less blurry

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)