shadow hearts covenant crashes pcsx2
shadow hearts covenant crashes my pcsx2 when i get into goreme valley right after the save point and solomans trial as soon as i enter the cave my whole pcsx2 crashes every time. I have tried switching from 11x to 9x to no avail. I have tried turning the settings to safest with no speedhacks and still crashes. Any tips? I will post my pc specs.

Video card: Nvidia GeForce GT 1030
processor AMD fx 8350 8 core processor 4.00 GHz
16GB of ram
WIndows 7 ultimate
64 bit

Sponsored links

Have you tried the Software mode thing, that helps stop some issues? What settings are you running for the game? Also if you browse the web there are lots of complaints about this game not working well with pcxs2, and it had only a little bit of testing done, at least that's what the compatibility section says. I would love if this game work perfect but nothing will probably ever be done for that to be so. Hopefully this issue gets figured out before I reach that point.
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-17-2019, 05:09 PM)ryankiller Wrote: shadow hearts covenant crashes my pcsx2 when i get into goreme valley right after the save point and solomans trial as soon as i enter the cave my whole pcsx2 crashes every time. I have tried switching from 11x to 9x to no avail. I have tried turning the settings to safest with no speedhacks and still crashes. Any tips? I will post my pc specs.

16GB of ram
WIndows 7 ultimate
64 bit

(12-17-2019, 05:09 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

I found the reason it is happening

It's because the EE got a problem with the widescreen hack when you boot the game
(The 16:9 Part of the hack) 

Which doesn't sound like a bug but from the way i solved it in option 1 it looks like a bug 

here is what you can do:

Option 1: before booting the game go to Config --> Emulation settings ---> EE/IOP ---> Emotion Engine set it to interpreter ---> boot the game ----> when you get to the first screen (this story is a work of fiction) change it to Recompiler again.

Option 2: Boot the game without widescreen hack than after reaching the first screen (this story is a work of fiction) activate widescreen hack

Option 3: Run OPL elf file ---> Exit ---> Press on the DVD  

This issue also appears in Shadow Hearts from the new world but this time the screen goes crazy when you get ingame

https://ibb.co/jzpkzpV
(12-18-2019, 07:29 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

(12-18-2019, 07:29 AM)ryankiller Wrote: shadow hearts covenant crashes my pcsx2 when i get into goreme valley right after the save point and solomans trial as soon as i enter the cave my whole pcsx2 crashes every time. I have tried switching from 11x to 9x to no avail. I have tried turning the settings to safest with no speedhacks and still crashes. Any tips? I will post my pc specs.

16GB of ram
WIndows 7 ultimate
64 bit

Hey i would love to know if my solution helped you and find the bug ?