silent hill origins shadows curiosity
Hi guys, i tried the svn r5096-97 with the supposed fix for the shadows in silent hill origins, but i dont' understand, the game looks the same to me. What is changed ?

Sponsored links

If you play in hardware mode, you might have never seen what's been fixed.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

yes i tried the software mode and i don't remember good things in that mode too..but you're right, i tried first hardware mode...you know...a man can always hope...Tongue

But remaining always in the context of curiosity, this game will never be fixed in hardware mode with current directX ? It's so hard to do ?

P.s In the next days i will buy a 7970, i have a 5850 now, i hope that everything will be fine, it's a new card and amd drivers are totally lacking right now for this gpu, i hope to not have problem with pcsx 2 :/
Dude.... PCSX2 runs great on a 5770 in KH2FM with x3 native. Don't get a card like that. What is your CPU? My ati 5770 is great. And a 5850 is better. Though, make sure you get that CPU core power for PCSX2. Sense it drains the crap out your CPU more than your GPU. I have a MD ALTHON 2 X4 2.9...
He might be upgrading for the sake of being able to play PC games at max settings at godly resolutions, If you're buying it for PCSX2 then he's right, waste of money.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Quote:P.s In the next days i will buy a 7970, i have a 5850 now, i hope that everything will be fine, it's a new card and amd drivers are totally lacking right now for this gpu, i hope to not have problem with pcsx 2 :/

OK but that won't change a thing in software mode of GSdx since as the name implies it uses software (the CPU) instead of hardware (the GPU) Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
yeah yeah guys wait a moment, i will buy that card because i love supersampling and aa, i play at 1360 x 768 so higher level of antialiasing isn't an option for me. And my 5850 is start to getting old for this. I hope that 7970 card will help with pcsx2 too, because i love to have high internal resolution and aa hardware too. And this kill my 5850, but obviously it's game dependant. 7970 is surely 100-120% faster than my 5850.

And i know that this won't change anything in softtware mode, my fear is at driver level,
because right now there isn't a quality driver for this gpu. And amd sleep a little. For example i remember a set of catalyst where i couldn't use morphological aa on pcsx 2. I have fear about problem like this, that's all. ^^

my cpu is a i7 860 oc at 3.7 ghz
Wink 
Someone once said in this forum that this glitch is almost impossible to fix.

But, is there anyway to get the option of resolution in Software mode?

currently I am playing this game in software mode, I was able to play the first part (just the burning house, and the first part of the hospital)

it was reallyy good so see such a good internal resolution, (until I entered the hospital and some glitchy shadows appeared SadSad )

Well I hope one day it get fixed, but it¿s a good thing to know we can play almost every game of ps2 in pc....

Thanks developers, I would like to be like one of you. hhehe
(04-17-2012, 11:40 PM)elkolodj Wrote: But, is there anyway to get the option of resolution in Software mode?

Nope! sorry.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Processors are a bit too slow for that right now.

Check back when you've bought an ~8Ghz (10Ghz with Turbo), 16 core (32 thread), Intel Core i∞ processor. Smile