simple question
I read the configuration guide and I didn't understand it. so  ill post my specs here. I have 12 gigs of ram using windows 8 have a intel core i3-4160 cpu @ 3.60ghz system is 64 with a nivida GeForce gt 730 graphics card. (sorry) what do I need to set the pcsx2 1.21 settings at for optimal performance. they are currently at default. iso's dark cloud , balduars gate 2 dark alliance, and gauntlet seven sorrows are the only ones im having issues with. DC will drop frame rate every now and then down to 20's, BG starts the frame rate dropping as soon as you start the game the highest it has got to was 15 same goes for gauntlet. what I didn't understand is where do I need to put my emulation settings at under the config

Sponsored links

And you want to know... what?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Moreover, can you detail what you didn't understand in the config guide ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
this is where im wanting to know where I need to change my settings or leave at the default.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

dont mess with that leave at defualts
sometimes non-default values prove to be better at some cases but usually it'd be better to leave them on default unless you notice any issues as tsunami2311 suggested.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I stated the frame rate drop issues with some of the games which is why I was wondering if I needed to adjust the settings.
(11-14-2015, 09:05 AM)valkirion Wrote: I stated the frame rate drop issues with some of the games which is why I was wondering if I needed to adjust the settings.

that's because those are demanding games, please provide a screenshot of all of your emulation settings and GSDX plugin settings.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
ok am I missing anything now?
gsdx 9 settings
adapter nividia GeForce gt 730
renderer direct 3d9(hardware)
interlacing F5 auto
d3d internal resolution
original ps2 resolution native box checked
enable fxaa box checked
hardware mode settings
texture filtering logarithmic z alpha correction (FBA) boxes checked
software mode settings 0 and edge anti-aliasing box checked

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

One thing that may make a small difference, set he renderer to Direct 3D11 Hardware
also tick the box that says "Allow 8 bit textures"
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]