sixaxis controller with onepad, not all buttons are registered
Hi all

Im having problems getting my sixaxis controller work with pcsx2 using the onepad plugin.

The emulator works fine anyway, i can start and play games with my keyboard.

The sixaxis controller also works perfect with other emulators, so the problem must be with the onepad plugin.

The following buttons does not work: L1, L2, R1, R2, cross, triangle, square, and circle. The other buttons works fine.

When i choose the input device it has registered the controller as a ps3 controller, but it says that it only has 8 active buttons?

Is it a normal problem? Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance

-Nicolai

Sponsored links

Usb or bluethooth. In usb there is an option to select. Otherwise sixaxis don't really have button but axes (for pressure)
(07-06-2014, 06:34 PM)gregory Wrote: Usb or bluethooth. In usb there is an option to select. Otherwise sixaxis don't really have button but axes (for pressure)

It's used with Bluetooth through QtSixA
I've found the problem... I had turned off pressure sensetive buttons in QtSixA. I switched it on, and it works perfect now.
Great. Yes PCSX2 support pressure Smile

Which version of qtsixa? 2 years ago it didn't have this option. If I manage to find some time, I want to give it a look.
(07-07-2014, 08:08 PM)gregory Wrote: Great. Yes PCSX2 support pressure Smile

Which version of qtsixa? 2 years ago it didn't have this option. If I manage to find some time, I want to give it a look.

I installed it from their official repository, so I guess it's the latest version (1.5.1). And it works very well, but only with original sixaxis controllers :-) I have two and I play two player games on pcsx-r and Nintendo 64 using QtSixA. It's very straight forward to use with the GUI. I think you should give it a try :-)
I'm having a similar problem, except I've got a DS3 plugged in via USB, and the buttons that don't work for me are the D-pad, Start, Select, and R3. I'm using PCSX2 1.2.2 from the official PPA, and I've got OnePad's Sixaxis/DS3 USB hack enabled. Any ideas?
How many button/axes are detected by onepad. Could you test them manually ie.
Note: increase 0 if you have more than 0 joystick
Code:
jstest /dev/input/js0
jstest shows all buttons and axes working correctly. OnePad recognized all of them except for the four I mentioned.

However, I've since discovered that doing a "chmod a+r /dev/input/event$N", where $N corresponds to my controller, completely fixes things. Is that expected behavior?
Udev crap. Honestly I can't make my sixaxis work on my computer anymore. Surely since I upgrade (downgrade) to systemd Sad

This file can help you to make the permission persistent (but not sure it is still working with latest udev)
Code:
#cat /etc/udev/rules.d/99-sixaxis-usb.rules
ACTION=="add", KERNEL=="event*", ATTR{idVendor}=="054c", ATTR{idProduct}=="0268", MODE="0666"
edit: for the id use lsusb
Code:
Bus 003 Device 061: ID 054c:0268 Sony Corp. Batoh Device / PlayStation 3 Controller