"size exceeded VU memory size 400"
Hey people, so I've been playing around with PCSX2 for years now. A few games were always unplayable, but the more compatible games I've always been able to at least boot up.

I recently got a CPU upgrade, and almost all my PCSX games play like a dream, solid 60fps in 2560x1440.

Except for 2 games... GTA: Liberty City Stories, and Tekken 5. Both are NTSC format. If I try to boot with the ISOs (also tried booting from disk) It just loads the ordinary PS2 intro screen and then the "no disk inserted" screen. Looking at the program log I get the error "size exceeded VU memory size 400" on both games. It doesn't matter what settings I put the games at (tried changing graphics settings to original PS2 res, and put speedhacks on safest, everything else default)

It's weird because on my old CPU (which was just a Q8200) the games loaded fine, they were just slow and buggy. Now they won't load at all, even though my PC is now better, and most other games on PCSX2 are playing beautifully, unlike before where they mostly played terribly.

Here are my specs:

Intel i3 2100
Geforce GTX 560 Ti
4GB RAM DDR3
Windows 7 x64

I'm using PCSX2 0.9.8

Sponsored links

I guess your CPU clockspeed is loweer now...
try mtvu hack from latest svn
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Where do I download the latest SVN?

Also, my clock speed is considerably faster than before... I've overclocked slightly too. and like I said, other PCSX2 games (shadow of the colossus, mortal kombat armageddon, crash bandicoot wrath of cortex) play excellently, so this doesn't make any sense that somehow my computer isn't good enough to even boot these two games when I could manage that fine before...
tried fast boot instead of full boot ?
How could I know your CPU clockspeed has increased since you never mentioned the old one or the new one ?

Latest svn is in the downloads section of pcsx2 main site
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go