slo mo effects
Sometimes i experience speed drops when playing games. For example, ATV offroad fury, some times in certain parts of certain maps, the game "slows down". Is it fps drops? plugins? Hardware?

Specs:
Graphics Card - Nvidia GTX 750ti
CPU- Intel Core i3
8 GB of ram
Pcsx2 version 1.2.1
Plugins: GS: Gsdx (MSVC 18.00, AVX) 0 0.1.16
PAD: LilyPad 0.11.0
Spu2: Spu2-X r5830 2.0.0
CDVD: Linuz iso 0.9.0
USB: USBnull r5822 0.7.0
FW: FWnull r5822 0.7.0
DEV9: DEV9null r5822 0.5.0

Laugh

BTW, speedhacks make not much of a difference to the game.

Sponsored links

(04-18-2015, 04:25 AM)jordaniel56 Wrote: Sometimes i experience speed drops when playing games. For example, ATV offroad fury, some times in certain parts of certain maps, the game "slows down". Is it fps drops? plugins? Hardware?

Specs:
Graphics Card - Nvidia GTX 750ti
CPU- Intel Core i3
8 GB of ram
Pcsx2 version 1.2.1
Plugins: GS: Gsdx (MSVC 18.00, AVX) 0 0.1.16
PAD: LilyPad 0.11.0
Spu2: Spu2-X r5830 2.0.0
CDVD: Linuz iso 0.9.0
USB: USBnull r5822 0.7.0
FW: FWnull r5822 0.7.0
DEV9: DEV9null r5822 0.5.0

Laugh

BTW, speedhacks make not much of a difference to the game.

Describe certain parts of the map. Is it very wide open areas with detail and viewability?
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
Well it is the first game in the whole franchise, i dont know how to describe it very well. But, its open, has signs, tents, ramps, and the viewabilty is wide.
(04-18-2015, 04:50 AM)jordaniel56 Wrote: Well it is the first game in the whole franchise, i dont know how to describe it very well. But, its open, has signs, tents, ramps, and the viewabilty is wide.

That's it. Processing a wide open visibility probably strains the EE and stressing your CPU. Someone else might know what to do next.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
but why is it that it goes to regular speed even if the viewability is the same?
slow mo usual means pc isnt keeping 60fps if drops to 30 fps it gona be slow mo your i3 might not be able to cope with keeping full speed. you want to be more specific about what i3 you have?
what do the ee% & gs% say when getting slowdowns ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Also, can you mention which specific i3 are you talking about ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(04-18-2015, 06:38 AM)ssakash Wrote: Also, can you mention which specific i3 are you talking about ?

He mentioned in the other thread it's the i3 3220.
okay, Thanks. judging from it's STP, it seems like it will be able to handle the game well. unless, the processor is not using it's full potential. so, providing the EE and GS values during slowdown along with the CPU usage shown at taskmanager will help a lot. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction