slow and lagging graphics and audio
Hate to say it mate. Time to put old yeller down. I would be surprised if you could run PS1 games on that full speed.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

Sponsored links

The N2840 is plenty for up to PSX/N64 while anything heavier is just unusable becuase of the low STP of the chip. But yeah you won't be getting full speed on that CPU sorry its just way to weak for PCSX2. Also laptops themselves are perfectly fine for the emulator as long as you have the specs such as a 45watt i5 or i7 and dedicated GPU lie a xx50 or higher from nvidia. AKA gaming grade laptops work fine for PCSX2 and I have no problems with the emulator on my Sager personally. But my specs are much higher then the netbook thats being used here.
you can run PS1 games on an Intel atom z3735f and my actual recommendation would be to run one of the older PS1 era NCAA football games if you can find the disc to buy since it will run much better.

I would avoid medeafen PS1 (the one retroarch uses) and go with epsxe since it runs on lower end hardware much better. The other option would be PPSSPP if you can find an old psp to legally dump your PSP UMDs with (that will get you up to NCAA 2010).