slow down
I have been using pcsx2 since it came out in 1.0 because it finally worked then for me I was getting good normal decent speed. like

kingdom hearts 2 FM being able to go max 100fps without limit and in battle and normal walking around everywhere

Dot hack GU 123 at like 150 or so fps

and many other games. now I can barely keep 60 and most of the time it drops to around 40-50 fps. I havent made any hardware or software changes to my pc. in fact I had just reformatted it as I thought it was the problem. here are my specs

windows 8
intel DC e5400 2.7ghz
geforce gt 210
2gb ram
300gb HDD and as I said I changed nothing so please dont suggest I do so as I plan to very soon. also my version is 5722 and I tried 5492

Sponsored links

Check your BIOS to make sure the Intel quivalent of AMD's Cool n Quiet (I think it's called Speedstep) is disabled. Sometimes an errant update from Windows will re-enable it. Also make sure your system isn't getting too hot.

I used to have the EXACT same hardware as you. I am suprised you get such good fps as you state. Smile
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

I checked all options and there isnt any option that is anywhere close to speedstep. Also my cpu temp never gets to 60 unless I overclock but its not atm and stays around 45-55. Also i was thinking of changing gpus from 210 to 650 ti boost 1 gb how much of a speed increase can i expect if i keep the same cpu
(08-21-2013, 02:05 AM)JohanG Wrote: I have been using pcsx2 since it came out in 1.0 because it finally worked then for me I was getting good normal decent speed. like

kingdom hearts 2 FM being able to go max 100fps without limit and in battle and normal walking around everywhere

Dot hack GU 123 at like 150 or so fps

and many other games. now I can barely keep 60 and most of the time it drops to around 40-50 fps. I havent made any hardware or software changes to my pc. in fact I had just reformatted it as I thought it was the problem. here are my specs

windows 8
intel DC e5400 2.7ghz
geforce gt 210
2gb ram
300gb HDD and as I said I changed nothing so please dont suggest I do so as I plan to very soon. also my version is 5722 and I tried 5492

Different games have different requirements, and quite frankly your PC is butt. I'm amazed you even get full speed on .hack//gu series.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(08-21-2013, 05:11 AM)Koji Wrote: Different games have different requirements, and quite frankly your PC is butt. I'm amazed you even get full speed on .hack//gu series.

I know my PC amazes everyone since by some odd reason it has been able to out power a 4 core cpu from amd that is strong then mine and play fear 3 at full speed where as the amd pc could not but was stronger by theory

yes my pc does suck but the games I am playing are have low requirements and so its not so surprising expect person 4 and I had really try to make that run at full but besides the point the only game I am able to play currently is ff12 with its turbo button.... Where as before I could play anyone of my games