slow fps/audio skipping in FF12
Hey everyone,

trying to play FF12 but I'm getting 30 fps (goes to 60 in menus/when i change zones) and the audio is skippy, and in cutscenes the voices almost stutter. Any help?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Knowing your computer specs will help recommending the speed hacks to use. The sound issue is 'normal' because the low FPS. Differently from the PC, consoles games are tied to a TV standard and synchronizes everything with the FPS, hence the problems.

The symptoms let it clear the machine is not powerful enough to run the game in the defaults and you will need speed hacks.
The first try should be those marked as recommended and EE cyclerate one step right and VU cycle stealing 2 steps right. It probably will lag in some places but will be much better than that low raw FPS.

Again, only knowing your CPU brand and model, the same for your video card, we can be more positive on recommendations.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(08-18-2010, 04:11 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Knowing your computer specs will help recommending the speed hacks to use. The sound issue is 'normal' because the low FPS. Differently from the PC, consoles games are tied to a TV standard and synchronizes everything with the FPS, hence the problems.

The symptoms let it clear the machine is not powerful enough to run the game in the defaults and you will need speed hacks.
The first try should be those marked as recommended and EE cyclerate one step right and VU cycle stealing 2 steps right. It probably will lag in some places but will be much better than that low raw FPS.

Again, only knowing your CPU brand and model, the same for your video card, we can be more positive on recommendations.

CPU: amd athlon 64 x2 5000 2.61ghz+
GPU: nvidia 9600gt

I tried looking into the speedhacks but it only confused me and I didn't get far, could you elaborate please?
They are in that "config" -> "Emulation Settings" -> "Speedhacks" window.
Imagination is where we are truly real