slow sound and graphics
Hi guyz I m new just downloaded the pcsx 0.9.8 i been waitin on something like this for years and im quite happy that it works, the main problem which of course is my question is that the audio goes slow and the graphics get slow motion my laptop its a lenovo Y 450 with a pentium dual core cpu with T 4400 @ 2.20 GHZ O.System its 32 bits ram its 3 GB and the video card its Intel GMA 4500MHD i know this question has problably been asked but since i got problably a diferent laptop i wanted to ask that, if anybody knows if i need to change the video card and if its possible pls let me know i just mainly wanna know if i can solve the slowin down issue, sound goes way slower than video but video get quite slow as well please let me know if this can be fixed, thank you for reading

Sponsored links

Both of your CPU and GPU is very weak for PC gaming, so forget emulation stuff.

Unlike desktop, laptop's components are very hard to upgrade. CPUs are upgradable if they have the same socket (Pentium Dualcore can be upgraded to Core 2 Duo for example). For graphics card, it is possible to replace a broke one with a brand new - my brother just replaced his a week ago. But I have never heard of replacing an IGP (such as your GMA 4500 MHD) with a discrette graphics card before. I think it is impossible because the motherboard may lack the PCIe x16 port. Also note that even if a notebook graphics card is "discrette", it must be soldered to the motherboard, not "plug-and-play" like the desktop one.

You'd better get a new laptop. Even if the laptop upgrade service is available in your region, it generally does not worth the cost. In my region, upgrading a Pentium Dualcore to a Core 2 Duo cost $100 → $200 depending on the model. My brother paid $40 for replacing his dead GeForce 7 GFX card. It is too expensive, isn't it?
(07-20-2011, 05:40 AM)Livy Wrote: Both of your CPU and GPU is very weak for PC gaming, so forget emulation stuff.

Unlike desktop, laptop's components are very hard to upgrade. CPUs are upgradable if they have the same socket (Pentium Dualcore can be upgraded to Core 2 Duo for example). For graphics card, it is possible to replace a broke one with a brand new - my brother just replaced his a week ago. But I have never heard of replacing an IGP (such as your GMA 4500 MHD) with a discrette graphics card before. I think it is impossible because the motherboard may lack the PCIe x16 port. Also note that even if a notebook graphics card is "discrette", it must be soldered to the motherboard, not "plug-and-play" like the desktop one.

You'd better get a new laptop. Even if the laptop upgrade service is available in your region, it generally does not worth the cost. In my region, upgrading a Pentium Dualcore to a Core 2 Duo cost $100 → $200 depending on the model. My brother paid $40 for replacing his dead GeForce 7 GFX card. It is too expensive, isn't it?

well being honest yes its the same as buyin the console or just sellin mine and gettin another laptop, the video card would cost me like 200 bucks that something to think about thanks