slow!!!!
umm why is my game running really slow? what are the good speed hacks to turn on so it can be faster? its running at 30fps =/ anyway to make it faster? maybe its my build idk

Sponsored links

what game are you running and what are your system specs?
hmm i have 2gb ram, pentium d 2.80ghz windows xp, geforce 9800gtx lol thats all i can find. need anything else? its running at 30fps once it gets to the intro Sad im playing final fantasy 10
argh i just checked and my processor is under the wont work or barely work on the speed list -.- intel pentium Sad dammit i gotta waste money now on a core 2 duo >.<
lol i wouldn't say 'waste' =P
your processor is from the stone age. At this rate, the next time you do an 'upgrade', I heavily recommend you start from scratch. Your PC has got to be over 3 years old (and you must've bought a mid-low tier PC too if it was 3 years ago)
3.0ghz E8400 Dual Core Processor
4 Gigs Corsair DDR2 RAM
(2x)8800GT SLI (dual cards)
Ninja
He has a 9800GTX which is not stone age for sure. Besides you can still play fine with this computer even modern computer games if you don't setup the settings to high.
But of course it is highly recommended to get a C2D. Try to get a cheap one like E5200 and overclock it to >3Ghz. Probably you have also to change Mainboard Sad.
(12-28-2008, 12:17 PM)Jlagreen Wrote: He has a 9800GTX which is not stone age for sure. Besides you can still play fine with this computer even modern computer games if you don't setup the settings to high.
But of course it is highly recommended to get a C2D. Try to get a cheap one like E5200 and overclock it to >3Ghz. Probably you have also to change Mainboard Sad.

No video card could possibly compensate for a Pentium D Tongue

Hooking a 9800GTX to one should be a crime lol
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(12-28-2008, 12:17 PM)Jlagreen Wrote: He has a 9800GTX which is not stone age for sure. Besides you can still play fine with this computer even modern computer games if you don't setup the settings to high.

Tongue which "modern" computer games are you talkin' about.
Yup yup; you're right about the main/motherboard. that's what i was talking about. Gotta start from scratch cause I'd imagine his motherboard getting 'cobwebs down there' Happy
3.0ghz E8400 Dual Core Processor
4 Gigs Corsair DDR2 RAM
(2x)8800GT SLI (dual cards)
Ninja
I would wait a bit that core i7 become a bit more affordable. It would be sad to buy new motherboard, and not being able to upgrade again the CPU.