slowdown on Metal gear solid 3...
Could be your PC then, Kingdom Hearts is very light on resources compared to MGS3 which is one of the most demanding of games.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

Usually the controls are sluggish when the framerate is lower than original, maybe PCSX2 shows me false FPS, but it does look like It's running at 50 FPS. When you switch to first person view for example the aiming clearly feels unresponsive, like I'm playing the game with Vsync on but It's off.
Intel Core i3 3.1 GHz
4 GB of RAM
Geforce GT 440 1 GB DDR3
Windows 7 HE x86
It will show false FPS if using the Speedhack sliders, this could also introduce input lag.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I've heard VU Cycle stealing shows false FPS but I wasn't using it, even if I disable all hacks there's not much of a difference to tell the truth.
Intel Core i3 3.1 GHz
4 GB of RAM
Geforce GT 440 1 GB DDR3
Windows 7 HE x86
The game itself is kinda slow. I remember when I finished MGS2 on PS2 I immediately started to play MGS3 and was really shocked - compared to MGS2, which ran at 60fps, MGS3 felt really sluggish, especially in first person view. And no wonder, since it runs at 30 and even lower fps.
The best way to play MGS3 is to play it on PS3 (HD rerelease). It runs at 60 fps, at 1280x720p and with 2xMSAA. And it has pressure sensitive buttons unlike the 360 version, that's why it's the best way. Though 360 is also an option if it's your only choice.
Wich one is the most demanding game for this emulator?
SOTC?!
(09-09-2013, 08:24 PM)flavio777 Wrote: Wich one is the most demanding game for this emulator?
SOTC?!

Probably 24 : the game. But it's off topic.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-09-2013, 08:45 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Probably 24 : the game. But it's off topic.

why's that?
Hi I'm pretty new here but I think I could share the little results I had so far..

I'm playing PAL version of MGS3: Subsistence and I'm experiencing (like everyone) the black spots problem in hardware mode while software mode seem to go ok for now (around 48-50 fps) during "normal" playing and and extreme slowdowns in audio during codec transmissions.

I found a kind of compromise in switching to hardware mode (F9) during codec transmissions and then back to software mode while playing (I tried to toy a little bit with audio parameters but slowdowns still persist).

My config is in the attachment, no VU Cycle Stealing and both microVU Flag Hack and MTVU boxes are selected, other settings are pretty much defaults after a clean install of PCSX2 (I'm using bios versione Europe V2 14/06/2004).

Any hint about slowdowns in codec parts?

Thanks! Happy

P.S. Just for the sake of understanding.. here are my specs (still managing to find out how to add them on signature..):

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs) ~3.1GHz
Motherboard: MSI MS-7817
Memory: 8192MB RAM
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2048 MB

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Open your own thread.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]