software vs hardware mode in bt3
Hi!
The only speedhack im using is the recommended ones and mtvu. I get 60 frames both hardware and software mode. My question is, why is that software mode feels much-much smoother than hardware. Like actual 60 fps. Hardware mode it feels clunky at times and you can easily tell the difference just by looking at it and using the controls. Not every command registers in hw mode.
Is this supposed to happen? or im just paranoid. I could almost swear the sw mode in pcsx2 is even smoother than on the ps2Laugh

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I dont think any of it matters, but here i go^^
i5 4670k (stock speeds)
r9 270x
windows 7 ult 64bit.
1600 mhz ddr3 ram (4 gigs)
I already mentioned the settings ( i use the built in ws patch too )
Latest git. The game is budokai tenkaichi 3

Edit: GSDX settings, Miseru's custom gsdx for bt series, native to 4 times native ( doesnt really matter hardware mode behaves the same ). For software mode i use fxaa and 1xaa with 3 extra rendering threads.
the reason might be that, your processor uses the extra 3 rendering threads on sw mode so, that might be why you encounter smoother gameplay.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
software mode have accurate emulation so , maybe that's why . but it's weird if you ask me .
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Yeah i only posted it since i found it interesting. Dont get me wrong im not complaining the game plays fine. Its just so much more fluid in sw renderer.
well, it's only natural since, software mode plays the game accurately than hardware mode and they also make use of your free threads of processor.
- Refraction