solution for random crashes
Hi there, I had random crashes regardless of the game I was playing and thought I might share the solution i found.

I looked into event log to see what was the reason for crashing and saw it was related to spu2-x plugin. the xaudio 2 setting. switch to directsound and the emu will be stable again.

my specs:
core2quad 9550
4GB RAM
Geforce GTX 280
windows 7 64bit
my specs:

Core2 Quad 9550 @ 283GHz
4GB RAM
Geforce GTX 280
Windows 7 64bit

Sponsored links

Want to list which games? Oh and SPU2-X/PCSX2 version It might help debugging the plugin ( if this is valid that is)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
The games I tried are:
FFX
FFX-2 (which runs slow anyway, and FMVs are buggy)
Kingdom hearts

Happened on both 0.9.6 and r1888

spu2-x version is 1.2.0

hope it's helpful, for more info just ask Smile
my specs:

Core2 Quad 9550 @ 283GHz
4GB RAM
Geforce GTX 280
Windows 7 64bit
Yeah that's definitely your system. My best guess would be bad sound card drivers causing the crashes. I've tested all these games and never got a single crash with SPU2-X set at XAudio2
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hey! I know this is an old thread but it helped me ALOT. The OP's solution fixed random crashes for Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (and probabaly the whole trilogy!). Thanks! Hope this fixes any problems you have with the game.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.