some games "lag".
some games run perfectly but some others like juiced and tekken 5 lag.i fixed the speedhacks that they told me but it still lagged.then they told me to overclock my cpu but i dont think its gonna work,my computer is pretty fast.here are the specs.

Intel i7 core @ 2,80 GHz,asus motherboard P7P55D-Deluxe,4 GB RAM,nvidia geforce GTX 285,windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

any ideas?

Sponsored links

What people told you is accurate, your 2,8 Ghz are probably not enough for some games. Try overclocking to about 3,2 Ghz and you'll immediately see the difference
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Tekken 5 is a very demanding game even on more powerful CPUs.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
Try to set EE Cyclerate 2,VU Cycle Stealing 1,set native resolution in GSDX and run the game from iso.
I have intel core i5 2430m 2.4GHz and with these settings the game run perfect.
i overclocked my cpu and the pc got toast.thank God a friend came and fixed it.he told me what everybody tells me: "you dont need to overclock your cpu,its very fast by itself."

what the ef? theodore7 i will try it. Smile
You should never attempt overclocking if you don't know what you're doing...your friend is right as far as PC gaming is concerned, but it's different with PS2 emulation.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-11-2012, 09:19 PM)Aarbron Wrote: i overclocked my cpu and the pc got toast.thank God a friend came and fixed it.he told me what everybody tells me: "you dont need to overclock your cpu,its very fast by itself."

what the ef? theodore7 i will try it. Smile

you just screwed up the oc its not that hard really, if you dont know what you are doing then you screw up your pc, yes, but if you just look at a guide online and have some knowledge in overclocking you will see a massive perfomance boost not just in emulation but pc games as well.

its strange tho, i could play tekken 5 full speed all the time on a laptop with an i7 with the same clockspeeds (i7 2670qm sandybridge turbo to 2.8 ghz when playing pcsx2) and a simple gt555m as a gpu. maybe you are playing on a to high res? 1200 x 1200 works really good on my gt555m and that is like twice as weak as your gpu. so it should be fine for you too.
Overclocking voids the warranty and should be done with caution. If the voltage and temps are too high, you can cut the CPU's life in half.
Custom Desktop
Is this "lagging" the same thing I'm experiencing when I'm playing Jak 3? For me it's not "lagging" like you'd see on an mmo where nothing moves and then suddenly things move again, it's just like everyone's voice and movements are slightly slowed down and drawn out, as if you're watching them walk around in slightly-slower motion than normal.

Does this mean I have to overclock? I've never done it before. I have an intel i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz with 4GB of RAM.
If you're not sure about overclocking, either have someone you trust do it or forget about it. You'll likely end up frying the components.
Custom Desktop