specs check
hey there... I am on the verge of trying Final Fantasy 12... I need to know what kind of settings would be optimum.

I have the newest beta of Pcsx2 (beta 1329)

and my computer specs are:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ 2,81 ghz
2.00 Gb

GFX ATI Radeon HD 3800

Settings in Pcsx2 include:
GsDx 890... SSE2
DX10 (I have Vista Home Premium)
All speedhacks enabled (or should I disable some?)

If there is anything else u need to know, then please let me know

Thank you in advance

Sponsored links

Download the latest gdsx, because it goes much better than that version. The latest versions has better support for ATI cards.
[Image: firmadisgaea1pcsx2.jpg]
thank you... It really did speed up the game...! There are only some areas where there are in game movies, where the fps drops to about 50 %...

now I will try to fix the sound issue in those slowdowns
Try getting the latest PCSX2 public beta and enabling some speedhacks from the "config > speed hacks" menu, specially "VU cycle stealing" set to slight/moderate maybe it'll help you.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Shadow Lady, thebaseman already has the latest beta. Tongue

Don't set the VU Cycle Stealing to a too high value, as this is more likely to slow down your game than speed it up. As Shadow Lady says the prefered values are either slight or moderate, anything about this slows down quite a lot of games.
(06-29-2009, 11:37 PM)Aemony Wrote: Shadow Lady, thebaseman already has the latest beta. Tongue

Don't set the VU Cycle Stealing to a too high value, as this is more likely to slow down your game than speed it up. As Shadow Lady says the prefered values are either slight or moderate, anything about this slows down quite a lot of games.

...or breaks them in interesting ways, as the description tells us Laugh
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403