[split] 24 - The Game [SLUS 21268] (U)
I'm sorry but as a new member I already lost faith in this compatibility list. Or at least the status.

Not sure how a game chugging along at 11FPS, damn near impossible to control or play in any way gets a status of "Playable". Getting from Start to end in an UNplayable state but it's somehow Playable? I guess it's playable without standards. Is there then any level beyond Playable to actually mean 'playable' in a more mass sane level (i.e: runs close to properly so you can actually play)?

Ultimately, who has seriously played this game at its terrible sluggish performance all the way through to verify you can actually get to the end?

Sponsored links

(10-05-2014, 09:24 PM)masteratt Wrote: I'm sorry but as a new member I already lost faith in this compatibility list. Or at least the status.

Not sure how a game chugging along at 11FPS, damn near impossible to control or play in any way gets a status of "Playable". Getting from Start to end in an UNplayable state but it's somehow Playable? I guess it's playable without standards. Is there then any level beyond Playable to actually mean 'playable' in a more mass sane level (i.e: runs close to properly so you can actually play)?

Ultimately, who has seriously played this game at its terrible sluggish performance all the way through to verify you can actually get to the end?

Please read a few posts above.
As said by a dev : "speed is not a factor"
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-05-2014, 09:34 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Please read a few posts above.
As said by a dev : "speed is not a factor"

but , jes he has a point example: when a person is checking the compatibility for a game and it runs very slow at 10 fps how could he or she thoroughly verify it till the end of the game, they could mention the status as playable but very slow....what will happen if a person see a game compatibility at pcsx2 and viewing only the playable mark will buy the game and when they see it runs only at 10fps, that will cause them frustration in a point of view
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Well my PS2 AV cable was screwed so I just bought a PS2 component cable from Amazon after seeing how "Playable" the game was via emulator Tongue2. Thought I could just install the game real quick on an emulator and re-live it as I've been re-watching 24 and it got me hyped Laugh But I'll just re-play it the old fashioned way.

And although it no longer personally affects me, I still think it's a very odd grading system you guys have going here for everything I've mentioned above and s.sakash backed up.

To be clear again, I understand the speed is not a factor jesalvein when marking it playable but that brings two things forward:

1) So what is the grading that will let a user know before he downloads 2+GB files in many cases that it's actually playable WELL? (i.e: not a 10fps slug fest).

I really, really think you guys need a grade above playable so your users know "hey if i download this, I'll have a great experience".

2) Seriously, who is the hero that played this all the way through at 10FPS to verify you can get to the end? I'm really curious. Or maybe FPS fixes itself later on?
(10-06-2014, 06:16 AM)s.sakash Wrote: but , jes he has a point example: when a person is checking the compatibility for a game and it runs very slow at 10 fps how could he or she thoroughly verify it till the end of the game, they could mention the status as playable but very slow....what will happen if a l cli see a game compatibility at pcsx2 and viewing only the playable mark will buy the game and when they see it runs only at 10fps, that will cause them frustration in a point of view

I guess anyone with a bit of common sense will go to the user/compatibility notes and see general plotĀ“s comments.
Quote:And although it no longer personally affects me, I still think it's a very odd grading system you guys have going here for everything I've mentioned above and s.sakash backed up.

To be clear again, I understand the speed is not a factor jesalvein when marking it playable but that brings two things forward:

1) So what is the grading that will let a user know before he downloads 2+GB files in many cases that it's actually playable WELL? (i.e: not a 10fps slug fest).

I really, really think you guys need a grade above playable so your users know "hey if i download this, I'll have a great experience".
We believe most users arent stupid enough to commit piracy then ask here for support.
Quote:2) Seriously, who is the hero that played this all the way through at 10FPS to verify you can get to the end? I'm really curious. Or maybe FPS fixes itself later on?
Probably no one. In fact the game's "playable" until proven otherwise.
If a machine isnt strong enough to run the game properly, it doesnt mean any present or future hardware wont play this game at good speeds.
All this is going off topic anyways.
I'll split this thread to avoid it being polluted more.
Quote:So what is the grading that will let a user know before he downloads 2+GB files in many cases that it's actually playable WELL? (i.e: not a 10fps slug fest).

We don't support or condone piracy here as rule #1 clearly states, so you're starting pretty badly there.

I'll tell you why we grade like this, because the list is mainly used to show if a game works with PCSX2 and to what degree. If you checked the list you would see the tester already noted that the game runs extremely slow, so that's your fault for not looking into it further. It's also your fault not reading the list key which clearly states 'Playable: You can get from new game to end credits (regardless of speed)'

Finally, we can't really test for speed as easily as you think, because on X machine it could run fine and on Z it could run like crap, it's very subjective. Yes you could calculate by comparing the tester's pc to an average PC but that's complicated, inaccurate and beyond the scope of this list.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I wasn't asking for piracy. I just prefer to download ISOs of games I have as it is easier for me. Shown by the fact I have little posts here (so I am not actively going around pirating 10+ year old games). Just wanted to clear that up, as I support the industry any way I can to the point I don't even buy used games (as developers/publishers don't get a cut of that trade in value). And I own a couple PS2 classics on PS3 via PSN Purchase (unfortunately 24 wasn't available). Sorry I didn't clarify that better before, I can see why the assumption of piracy was made.

OK more investigation needed before downloading. Pretty common thing to check, my bad. It just occurred to me as a bit anti-productive when you guys have such a great list with easy to scan colours to not have those colours be bit more on the 'playable' side. But I understand the complications now.

As I've stated, waiting for my new Ps2 component cable to get on 24 and ready for the next time nostalgia itch strikes. Thanks guys and good luck.
(10-06-2014, 05:17 PM)masteratt Wrote: I wasn't asking for piracy. I just prefer to download ISOs of games I have as it is easier for me. Shown by the fact I have little posts here (so I am not actively going around pirating 10+ year old games). Just wanted to clear that up, as I support the industry any way I can to the point I don't even buy used games (as developers/publishers don't get a cut of that trade in value). And I own a couple PS2 classics on PS3 via PSN Purchase (unfortunately 24 wasn't available). Sorry I didn't clarify that better before, I can see why the assumption of piracy was made.

OK more investigation needed before downloading. Pretty common thing to check, my bad. It just occurred to me as a bit anti-productive when you guys have such a great list with easy to scan colours to not have those colours be bit more on the 'playable' side. But I understand the complications now.

As I've stated, waiting for my new Ps2 component cable to get on 24 and ready for the next time nostalgia itch strikes. Thanks guys and good luck.
Downloading games is piracy and not supported here.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Quote:I wasn't asking for piracy. I just prefer to download ISOs of games I have as it is easier for me.
Same.
you are allowed to use your own copy, nothing else.
(10-06-2014, 05:30 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Downloading games is piracy and not supported here.

If you haven't please read my situation fully in my previous post.

If downloading of games you already own (because it's easier than making an image of them yourself, especially harder as my home gaming PC doesn't even have a DVD drive) is piracy "just because", then I would love to hear other recommendations. I know I already supported the game, I don't feel bad about "pirating" it.

Technically it might be, but I prefer common sense over technicality. This is the second and final time I will verify this Smile

Again, PS2 component cable on the way, need for an emulator avoided now Smile
It's a pretty intense community you guys got here but I guess you have to be careful.