[split] Guitar Hero III - Legends of Rock
so i've used that configuration with PCSX2 to play GH3, however i found a part where it would crash no matter what adjustments i've made with manual game fixes, speed hacks and GS settings (like changing the DirectX type).
it crashes in the encore of Clash of Personality, i'm hoping someone could point me in a better direction.

my hardware is an overclocked FX 6350, 16 GB of RAM and a GTX 1050ti all connected on an MSI 970A-G43 motherboard.
if needed i'll provide my memory card file.

Sponsored links

What PCSX2 version are you using? Also, that memory car would be very helpful, please upload it Smile

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
version 1.4.0 on the windows 10 platform, do you want the file containing only containing the GH3 save or the file with no changes?
also what should be recorded in the log? (like recording the EE console, px thread, EErec performance etc.)
The save file only needs to contain the GH3 save. As for the emulog, the default options are fine.
when i read the log it says "Gif Unit - GS packet size exceeded VU memory size!" with no sign of the cause in the log, also it was the last thing it logged. oh yeah the program crashes with windows saying "PCSX2.exe has stopped working"

Before uploading, i couldn't attach a .ps2 file so i used WinRAR. it includes the log (Just in case) and the memory card.

Attached Files
.rar   Mcd002.rar (Size: 70,06 KB / Downloads: 457)
Oh, you just need to enable Automatic Gamefixes in the "System" tab. It shouldn't crash anymore Smile
ok so auto game fixes is on... still crashed in the exact same spot Sad
OK, hold on I'll give it a go and see if it crashes for me.

Edit: I cleared the song fine, so try running the game from your original disk and/or re-rip the game.
ran from the original disk, got a little further but the program still crashes.
in the meantime i'll go through the different GSDx plugins and see if SSE4 is not good for GH3 on AMD

Update: it still crashes.
Just to make sure, are you still getting the "GIF Packet exceeded VU memory size" message in the console?

While you're at it, can you post your GSdx settings? I almost forgot as well, you should upgrade to the latest dev build from here: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/