[split] about my hardware...
(01-25-2015, 08:00 AM)ciberbone Wrote: Yes I notice that those games need a really fast hardware, I don't know if I can oc my processor above 4 ghz, some forums says 4.2 at max or 4.3 not more but I don't want to break it lol, my brother in law is telling me that this processor can be oc to 4.8 and he knows about computers but I'm not sure :/
Before overclocking, make sure you have a decent fan cooler and psu and, check whether your mobo is good for overclocking in OCN.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

(01-25-2015, 08:00 AM)ciberbone Wrote: Yes I notice that those games need a really fast hardware, I don't know if I can oc my processor above 4 ghz, some forums says 4.2 at max or 4.3 not more but I don't want to break it lol, my brother in law is telling me that this processor can be oc to 4.8 and he knows about computers but I'm not sure :/

Yeah, I don't think phenom 2's commonly go above 4.2GHz. Even that would probably require a good cooler though.

He might be getting that mixed up with the newer fx processors. Those can sometimes hit 4.8.
(01-25-2015, 09:04 AM)dogen Wrote: Yeah, I don't think phenom 2's commonly go above 4.2GHz. Even that would probably require a good cooler though.

He might be getting that mixed up with the newer fx processors. Those can sometimes hit 4.8.

Yeah, the Phenoms weren't great overclockers. I'm not sure it would be possible to keep a solid 60fps on those games even with a 4.2ghz OC. Those two games are just brutal. I don't have MGS2 to test, but from what others have said, it requires a hell of a chip.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(01-25-2015, 09:08 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Yeah, the Phenoms weren't great overclockers. I'm not sure it would be possible to keep a solid 60fps on those games even with a 4.2ghz OC. Those two games are just brutal. I don't have MGS2 to test, but from what others have said, it requires a hell of a chip.

Now I really want to try it on my 3258. I saw a copy recently at a local game store.
you should be able to with that OC.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]