sse
I have sse4 on my processor athlon II, but I can only select sse2 to configure. any Idea why this may be, 2.1 pcsx

Sponsored links

(03-26-2014, 01:21 PM)percy Wrote: I have sse4 on my processor athlon II, but I can only select sse2 to configure. any Idea why this may be, 2.1 pcsx

athlon II only support sse2
Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.
AMDs latest FX CPU series ONLY support the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets.
Therefore the recommended GSdx version for AMD users is the SSE2 one, except in the case of an FX processor where you should use SSE4.1.

There is a minor speed loss, but it is only about 10% overall.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-26-2014, 01:38 PM)Bositman Wrote: Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.
AMDs latest FX CPU series ONLY support the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets.
Therefore the recommended GSdx version for AMD users is the SSE2 one, except in the case of an FX processor where you should use SSE4.1.

There is a minor speed loss, but it is only about 10% overall.

Doesn't piledriver also support AVX?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
^Yeah, but from what people say, AVX only offers a speed boost in Software mode. SSE3 (not SSSE3) instructions wouldn't offer anything at all for PCSX2, which is why they were never implemented.
with an fx processor there would only be a 10% increase
No there wouldn't
how much of an improvement does a 64 bit operating system give pcsx. so far Ive tested on 32 bit.
in will my computer run pcsx thread. 64 bit was not emphasized, so does it matter
64 bit isn't important for pcsx2.