starting a game in any pcsx2 crashing my graphicdrivers
Board Asus M3A78-T
Chipset AMD 790GX
CPU AMD 5050e
RAM 3,25 GB (4GB)
OS XP Professional

Every time i try to start a game in PCSX2 (with both versions on 0.94 and both on playground) the monitor turns dark and says :"no signal" i have to reset the comp and until I restart it after its on again the Graphic driver is f.. up , every try to start a game or program like xbmc it ends with an error from catalyst.after a complete shutdown and new start those programs work normal again
I tried several graphic plugins with different parameters - has any1 an idea whats wrong?

Sponsored links

Sounds like something is really wrong with your system / gfx card.Bad drivers or something else,most probably not PCSX2s fault.
And what kind of processor is an AMD 5050e???
[Image: newsig.jpg]
If something is wrong with my graphics system - then why does Tomb Raider:Underworld for example run without any problem (at 1920x1080)
Uh chance? It doesn't have to affect everything you know.Noone else has ever reported behavior like this with PCSX2,and since you get problems with CXBX as well,it is very likely your system is at fault.
Hmm. I dunno if it's related but I experienced quite similar problems with v0.9.4 and earlier svn builts of playground. In windows Vista I got a black screen for 5-10 seconds and when it got back
I got an information bubble: "Graphic driver just crashed but it regained stability". Then everything went back to normal. It happened while playing Odin Sphere. Maybe this is what happens and it's just that Windows XP cannot revive the driver as it is done in Vista.
Anyway the recent builts (svn5xx+) of PCSX2 don't have this problem, or I'm just lucky..

Try the recent builts or maybe earlier version of GSDX plugin. Just a suggestion.
(01-31-2009, 07:45 PM)MegaVolt Wrote: Hmm. I dunno if it's related but I experienced quite similar problems with v0.9.4 and earlier svn builts of playground. In windows Vista I got a black screen for 5-10 seconds and when it got back
I got an information bubble: "Graphic driver just crashed but it regained stability". Then everything went back to normal. It happened while playing Odin Sphere. Maybe this is what happens and it's just that Windows XP cannot revive the driver as it is done in Vista.
Anyway the recent builts (svn5xx+) of PCSX2 don't have this problem, or I'm just lucky..

Try the recent builts or maybe earlier version of GSDX plugin. Just a suggestion.

This happened to my yesterday! I was playing Obscure II and then I got a black screen and later I received a message saying something about "Graphic driver just crashed but it regained stability" or something like that. Later I reinstall all the drivers for my Ati HD3650 and It gave me no errors so far, My video card is just brand new, I bought it on Cristmast.
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
Hmm so all 3 of you own a Radeon card? I don't want to jump to conclusions but they aren't known for their solid drivers Tongue
Anyway there have been some weird bugs in the latest builds,so if you can,compile the new SVN and see if it happens again or not.
If you get it in 0.9.4,it is definitively a driver bug and not PCSX2.
(02-01-2009, 01:12 AM)Bositman Wrote: Hmm so all 3 of you own a Radeon card? I don't want to jump to conclusions but they aren't known for their solid drivers Tongue
Anyway there have been some weird bugs in the latest builds,so if you can,compile the new SVN and see if it happens again or not.
If you get it in 0.9.4,it is definitively a driver bug and not PCSX2.
my Nvidia 8400 GS has crashed a time or two as well. it is a ghost in the emu I think. because it's random, and there's no way to tell when it's going to go.