strange "cross-hatching" overlay in all games now, please help?
Just today i've started seeing a strange sort of overlay on every game i try to play in PCSX2. it was working fine this morning, then when i started up a new game i saw this.

The best way i can describe it, is that it looks like the old "Ben-Day dot" printing method for those old 1950 comic books. It doesn't seem to affect the performance of the games, but the overall effect of the dots or cross-hatching or whatever it is, appears the make the games darker

I can provide some screenshots, but i'm not sure how to post them here, or what the rules are about posting links to other websites here.

In a stroke of luck(?), the strange overlay doesn't actually show up in the screenshots that i take using the built-in capture tool in GSDx, but they do show up if i just take a windows screenshot via the 'ol "printscreen -> paste" method, so i can provide "before and after" screenshots where it's extremely easy to see the difference and see what i'm talking about

if anyone thinks they could help and/or would like to see the screenshots, please let me know. I would very much appreciate any help i could get, i was so enjoying playing some of my favorite childhood games again (which are now pretty hard to get a hold of!) and this weird glitch is kind of spoiling my mood Sad

EDIT: sorry, i'm trying to figure out how to add screenshots >_< i think i reached my limit and then messed it up somehow... i can't seem to add any more attachments Sad

Sponsored links

screenshots would help. meanwhile, please post a screenshot of your pcsx2 settings. (Speedhacks section and video plugin settings.)
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(04-30-2015, 06:06 PM)Trialzero Wrote: EDIT: sorry, i'm trying to figure out how to add screenshots >_< i think i reached my limit and then messed it up somehow... i can't seem to add any more attachments Sad

If you can't get the attachments to work / you're out of room for attachments, try uploading the screenshots to an image hosting site like imgur, then post the links to them here.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, 1866MHz @ 9-10-9-27 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo | Samsung S23A700D
Press F7 a few times.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(04-30-2015, 06:47 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Press F7 a few times.

this worked for me >_< thank you so much

to everyone else: i'm sorry! i must have pressed F7 by accident at some point (by the way what does F7 do?)

i went through all the trouble of creating an imgur account and uploading the images only for a single key press to be the solution. d'oh!
These are post processing shaders. They can alter the final image so that is appears older, newer, sharper, more comic like and stuff like that. The one you saw is probably for nostalgia reasons...