strange problem with shinobi
yes i tried the mtvu hack too, but maybe i have to try it alone.. ill remove the others hacks to have a try...

ur right about the resolution but i dont like the native res... =)

i tried resident evil dead aim just now, same problem, fps: 60 (or 59) but the game often slows...

stranissimo!! =) (very very strange!)

i forgot that i ve set stretch screen! is it a problem..?

p.s. just curious, how is my english..? im studying english and spanish (i love the english accent but spanish is easier for me, spanish and italian are almost identical..)

Sponsored links

you re right, the speed hacks gave me false fps readings, now that i disabled everything but the mtvu, the game keeps slowing and the fps drop a little when it happens...

isnt my pc enough to play it full speed everywhere in the game...? the game is fully playable and it slow up sometimes, but id want it to be perfect...

ps sorry for the double post..!
You may not get perfect play even if the compatibility list says it's playable. All that really means is that you can make it to the end of the game without crashing or needing to restart PCSX2.

I'm not sure how demanding Shinobi is but if it's nearly as demanding as Dead Aim is you will have a little slowing in areas. You should definitely try Native res as long as you're testing your game. The GS doens't translate directly into only putting stress on your GPU. It can also hog CPU resources which the EE desperately needs not to mention other bugs that can pop up due to upscaling or a custom res.

But, luckily, now you can try adding some more speed hacks. Try bumping your VU stealing up one by one and test each one. I've had a lot of luck with VU stealing and MTVU only.

P.S. Your english is fine man. Smile
unfortunately ive tried every combination between native and the varoius speed hacks...when i enter in the room where u find the firt zombie (dead aim) the game slows until u reach the corridor where u find the first key and a map....is it a pcsx2 problem..? may a more potent pc solve theese slowdowns..?

grazie! (thanks!)

ps i saw just now ure from las vegas! wow! can i ask u a question? i always watch the sky Pawn Stars episodes, have u ever seen that shop? do u know rick, the old man, corey and the great chumlee? =)

i apologize for the off topic!
Hey I know that one! Smile
Yes, a more powerful pc may help but not always. I am wondering what cpu you have? If it's anything below a Phenom II I don't think we can do much more for you. AMD chips already get the short end of the stick with this emulator since these are 32 bit games and AMD chips don't have as good of instruction sets as Intel when it comes to translating 32 bit logic into 64 bit so the CPU can process it. Sorry if this is TMI but just letting you know.
With that said you can try making sure you have nothing extra running in the background and try disabling windows aero. I'm not sure if it works the same on 7 but I'm pretty sure it does. You may get a couple fps.
Another thing to try is your preset slider. Try each one and make sure to untick the slider so you can check MTVU as it's not included in the preset. Good luck.
P.S. If you don't have any luck with that you can post all your emu and plugin settings via some screenies. I'll look through them to see if I can find any problems.
i have an amd quad core..-the 940 model...(3 GHz per core)...i knew the intel was better... next crhistmas ill improove my pc....
what does TIM mean...? =) and what is the slider...? is an option in the emulator settings..?

thanks for all ur help!!

another p.s. =) whats the best resident evil in ur opinion? ive loved them all but i think the first one is special...do u agree..? the ngc remake was great, i really enjoyed it, but the first one on ps1 was surely the best one...i also loved code veronica a lot! i played the dreamcast version, is it the same of the ps2 version..?
TMI - Too much information Tongue
The slider is at the bottom of you emulator settings. It will set up just your emu settings with presets.

P.S. I love the original of course. It's probably my fave. Maybe it's just nostalgia but with that said I almost like the remake more. I gotta pay my respects to the original though. Laugh
yes but the originality and the soundtrack of the ps1 version make it the best of all i thinkTongue

also code veronica was special for me...i dont know why, but i loved it a lot...surely i also enjoyed a lot the 4 and the 5, but i think that from the 4 on, the game has become ad adventure/shooting game...and it looses his horror atmosphere...isnt it..?
what about dead aim..? i havent played it yet...

about the config, i only hope it wont slow often during the game...i noticed that if i encrease the VU stealing it give me false fps reading as u said...and the game doesnt go faster...it simply doesnt show me the little drop in fps when the game slows...anyway it seems that the slow areas are short...u were right about the res, on native mode there are no graphic errors..!!Biggrin

very important p.s. is there a way to set two buttons in one so that i can move the character and move the gun in the aim mode with the same up,down,left and up buttoms..? it would be great! thnaks!!!!
(09-21-2011, 12:58 PM)lee777 Wrote: about the config, i only hope it wont slow often during the game...i noticed that if i encrease the VU stealing it give me false fps reading as u said...and the game doesnt go faster...it simply doesnt show me the little drop in fps when the game slows...anyway it seems that the slow areas are short...u were right about the res, on native mode there are no graphic errors..!!Biggrin

You can try "1" EE cyclerate but I think that's about the last thing you could try I think. If you ever run into really hard spots you can try Software rendering mode in GSDX. You'll have to set the amount of rendering threads to 1 less than your cpu has cores. i.e. for a quad core set rendering threads to "3". Then you can toggle it on for the hard spots with F9 then back off.

Quote: very important p.s. is there a way to set two buttons in one so that i can move the character and move the gun in the aim mode with the same up,down,left and up buttoms..? it would be great! thnaks!!!!

Sorry, I think I'm getting what you mean. I'm not sure if it would interupt the aim mode but there is a way to bind multiple bindings to one key. You'll have to tick the "allow binding multiple ps2 controls to single PC control" in the lillypad plugin options.

P.S.
Quote:yes but the originality and the soundtrack of the ps1 version make it the best of all i think

also code veronica was special for me...i dont know why, but i loved it a lot...surely i also enjoyed a lot the 4 and the 5, but i think that from the 4 on, the game has become ad adventure/shooting game...and it looses his horror atmosphere...isnt it..?
what about dead aim..? i havent played it yet...
I think so too. Like I said I gotta hand it to the original for just being.. original. Laugh
I'm playing through Code V rite now. I'm loving it atm. It almost feels like they took all the things about the original that were perfect like good camera angles and an awesome story of complete randomness leaving you with more questions and just refined it. Compared to other ones at least. I don't care much for 4 and 5 as much either. I mean I like them alrite but that's the exact problem with what they did to it taking it out of the survival horror genre and completely turned it into a movie.. lol. Which can be good sometimes but too many games are this nowdays. It feels like they were leaning in that direction though back in RE 3. Still have yet to play dead aim. I gotta buy it after I finish Code V. Smile

P.P.S Sorry it took so long to respond.
first i forgot to give u the reputation!Wink

ok thanks for the advice, ill try the EE and see what happens...
time ago i tried to set sofwter but the game slowed a lot...maybe it was why i didnt set 3 threads..?

mmm am ifraid u re right, for now i tried to bind multiple buttons in one by joytokey and it didnt work, it stopped the aim mode as u said...ufff..anyway ill try with the lilypad config too...

wow so are u playing code veronica?? and what spot have u reached..? where are u? (sorry for bad english, here we say "where have u arrived in the game" i hope u can understand me Biggrin)
im curious because i really love this game a lot...

anyway i agree with you, the 4 and 5 are no more horror games...i think that, if a horror game or moovie does not have a lot of suspence and isnt scary enough, it is not a horror game/movie...the blood slatter scenes alone dont not make it an horror game...