striped screen texture in nfsu2 and others
i apologize for the poor thread subject description but i dont know any other way to describe it in a sentence segment.

so on to the subject. in need for speed underground 2 (ntsc-u slus-21065) im getting a possible bug. ive posted a picture of it. it only occurs during races or openworld drive, but doesnt seem to effect the hud and menus. it looks like a striped vetical texture overlay for anything that is rendered. it appears to take the darkest and lightest color shown in the screen at the time of render. this is also happens to some other games i play like burnout takedown when playing splitscreen and ratchet and clank when it renders water. although this bug only happens while in hardware mode and is fixed with software mode. although i would love to fix this issue and use hw mode.

-my pc specs
i7 4770k 3.5 clock
nvidia 780 asus oc
16gb 1600 ram

-my pcsx2 specs and settings
1.4.0 build
gsdx-avx2 1.0.0 hw mode, dx11, x2 resolution, everything else defualt
lilypad 0.11.0
spu2-x 2.0.0 linear sound, xaudio 2 module, surround sound 5.1, everything else default
every other plugin null
bios usa 2.20 2006

-emulation settings all default except the following
no ee cycle or vu cycle
no game fixes, automatic game fixes on
enable intc enabled
enable wait loop enabled
mvu flag hack enabled
mtvu hack enabled

has anyone else had this issue and is there a known fix. i can play i sw mode for now but i would very much like to play in hw mode with these games. if you need anyother information please let me know. ive tried many differant settings to try a debug this myself but nothing has worked except for sw mode.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Try enable HW hacks skip draw 1.
(or) use HW depth with OpenGL. you need skipdraw hack for D3D9 and D3D11.
that fixed it! thank you both for helping me out. i actually read that in the config post but i misunderstood and enabled gs frame skipping instead of hardware hacks. which definitely didnt work. and ive tried opengl but it is considerably slower for me than dx11. probably becuase im running all intel and nvidia hardware. but thanks for the suggestion. you guys made my day!
Your kind words made my day as well. Thank you. I'm glad it worked out for you.

I prefer DX myself. Even though OGL is supposed to be the recommended renderer for pcsx2 v1.4.0. The way I look at it is most PC games including GTA V use DX anyway which has excellent compatibility and performance so I try to keep it consistent. Personally I think they should just stick with DX in pcsx2.
(02-20-2016, 10:41 PM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: Your kind words made my day as well. Thank you. I'm glad it worked out for you.

I prefer DX myself. Even though OGL is supposed to be the recommended renderer for pcsx2 v1.4.0. The way I look at it is most PC games including GTA V use DX anyway which has excellent compatibility and performance so I try to keep it consistent. Personally I think they should just stick with DX in pcsx2.
It doesn't work that way. OGL offers extra accuracy over DX9 and 11, so you should move over to OGL if you want the best results in PCSX2(unless you use software mode exclusively). There are a lot of my PS2 games that are hardly playable with the DX renderers, but thanks to hardware depth, blending unit accuracy and other extra options of OGL they are finally worth playing in HD.
OGL still runs like crap for me. But for NVIDIA users it's the way to go in a lot of cases.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(02-21-2016, 12:24 AM)Ryudo Wrote: OGL still runs like crap for me. But for NVIDIA users it's the way to go in a lot of cases.
A lot of games run fine with OGL on a AMD card. I hardly use DX anymore even though I have a 5 years or so old AMD GPU.
I'm an Nvidia user and I still don't use it just for the simple fact it's not usually a common renderer for things.
(02-21-2016, 12:31 AM)FlatOut Wrote: A lot of games run fine with OGL on a AMD card. I hardly use DX anymore even though I have a 5 years or so old AMD GPU.

Idk what the issue here is then, but I always get massive performance issues when I switch to OGL. It works flawless in DX11 though.. Might be driver issues or something.

[Edit] But nevermind that. I don't want to hijack the thread with my OGL issues. Tongue I'll create a new thread about that sometime.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)