sudden fps drops
hi guys
ive been having this problem for the past 2-3 days now and i cant seem to fix it. whats happening is when i play a game such as dragon ball z bd 2 it starts the battle at 60 fps like normal then about 8 seconds into the battle the fps just drops to 40-51 and then rises to 60 and keeps changing randomly i have the frame limiter on so it shouldnt be changing so rapidly, i havent had this happen to me before, i was able to play this game at a perfect 60 fps throught the whole battle but all of a sudden i cant seem to play it. these are my pc specs

acer aspire v3 771g
intel core i5-3230m 2.6ghz turbo boost up to 3.2ghz
nvidia geforce 710m (up to date)
8gb ddr3 memory
1000gb hdd
2 cores

these are my pcsx2 settings

EE/IOP
EE = recompiler
IOP = recompiler
round mode = chop/zero
clamping mode = none

VUs
VU0 = microVUrecompiler
VU1 = microVUrecompiler
round mode = chop/zero
clamping mode = none

GS
disable framelimiting = unchecked
frame skipping = checked

speedhacks
EE cycle = 1
VU cucle = 0 (i have changed both of these several times)
other hacks
enable INTC spin detection checked
enable wait loop detection checked
mVU flag hack checked
mtvu unchecked
enable fast cd unchecked

no other hacks used

video settings
adapter = nvidia geforce 710m
renderer = direct3d11 hardware
interlacing = none
resolution = native
enable shade boost = unchecked
enable fxaa = unchecked
enable fx shaders = unchecked
texture filtering = squared
allow 8 bit textures = unchecked
enable hw hacks = unchecked
anisotropic filtering = unchecked
logarithmic z = greyed out
alpha correction = greyed out
no extra threads
edge anti aliasing aa1 = unchecked

if you need anything else just ask

if anyone can please help me i would be gratefull dbz is one of my faveroute games and really want to play it again Smile

oh 2 more things my nvidia is set to high performance nvidia processor and my battery is set to high power

Sponsored links

put EE to 0 & try . I guess the problem is more like hardware capabilities thought.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
thanks tried that but it didnt seem to work. although now it doesnt seem to even want to go back to 60 fps now its just stuck at 40-50 fps now, dont know why it keeps dropping.
use mtvu
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
that doesnt seem to do anything either. what i dont understand the most is it worked fine for over a year but its started to act up suddenly
Check your temps with CoreTemp. With it being a laptop, and a sudden change in behavior like this, it may be heat.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
ohh, so fps is even worst after putting ee to 0 ? then put it to 1 again . check your power plan . it's needed to set in performance mode.

(11-29-2014, 04:48 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Check your temps with CoreTemp. With it being a laptop, and a sudden change in behavior like this, it may be heat.
yeah, also check for dust on your laptop .
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
my temp when using pcsx2 is
gpu: 47c
HDo: 43c
temp1:66c
core0:63c
core1:64c

well thats the average some times it gets even hotter up to 67c max

@brock lessner

i have set ee to 1 seems to do the same thing i see a little dust on top of my laptop but i cant see into my fan enough so i dont know if its dusty in there as its covered up and when trying to peek in the hole its pitch black i cant see anything
make sure you're plugged in and not running on batterypower
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
ye im plugged in because my battery life sucks on this thing haha