super quick question....
when did pcsx2 first released?
one of my friends asked and said sometime in 03' and i said sometime in 06'. we just want some clerafactaion.

Sponsored links

the project started in 2001, but the first release ? I honestly don't know...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I can't really say when the first releases were but it wasn't in '06.
2006 saw the 0.9.1 release, a big milestone in PCSX2's history Wink
and May 17th, 2005 (or so) saw the release of 0.8.1 I'm not sure, but I think 0.8.0 was the first major pcsx2 release
The oldest reference in the old school changes log was 20/05/02, and v0.34 was released before then, so i would guess in the first 2 months of 2002 we had our first proper release Smile

on 16/06/03, linuz wrote "[!] Games start showing something LaughLaugh (linuzappz)", which later became v0.4 (released 05/08/03)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I see you have lots of random "useless" info on your PC ref *bows*

now if only my PC would stay working properly that long..
It all started back in 2001, AFAIK.

I'm looking through old archives,
and right now the earliest (revision) reference I see is...

Sunday, April 14, 2002
PCSX2 v0.031 windows & linux

Looks like the oldest reference in there is...

Wednesday, April 3rd, 2002
PCSX2 homepage online

The poster (bobbi) refers to it being "After the release of the worlds first PS2 emulator...".

Any kind of real results took a long time, of course...
since this thread name matches to my questions, i will ask here, instead of creating more threads.
i getting constant pcsx2 crash when trying to use gsdx in openGL mode (hardware), no graphics has been displayed. when i using software mode it run fine.
other progs and emulators like Dolphin with openGL renderer also work fine.
so... i notices this openGL mode is new for gsdx. Wha's currents state of this? Is it stable? Any chance crash can be fixed?
currently i use r5197
(05-05-2012, 06:08 PM)Kosmos Wrote: since this thread name matches to my questions, i will ask here, instead of creating more threads.

wow, seriously?! you based your posting place of choice on one of the most generic thread titles you could find in the list?!

seriously, your question had nothing to do with the threads content (if you cared to even read it). Make your OWN thread.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

yes, because my question is fast Laugh however, instead of making another spam thread, i just continue to debugging it by myself and maybe post code line and crash reason later