svn not work
hello.
i have a problem with every svn,the problem is every time i run is it's load for a sec then do nothing, nothing is open no alert no error msg.. nothing
but when i try to delete the file it's says there something run
ps: i can run the stable perfectly
thank you for your time.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Maybe the c++ didnt installed in your window
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
My guess is you are trying the SVN on their own directory after having installed the stable, possibly under C:\Program Files (x86) and so the emulator is trying to get the sets from the old ini files (not sure if the installer sets register entries).

One immediate workaround is creating an empty file named portable.ini in the SVN root folder (just create an empty .txt file and rename it). This will force the emulator to create proper ini files locally with the advantage of making it really portable (you can put the folder in a pendrive and move to another computer and it will run out the box).

Finally, I suppose the SVN you are getting has the complete plugins set... besides and of course you need to point the BIOS path to the correct location or copy it to inside the respective folder locally, the same for the memcards and such.

PS edit: Beware the savestates, they aren't advisable and not granted in between different versions.
Imagination is where we are truly real
PCSX2 create registry keys with the locations of the files it uses, so when you put new exes for newer revisions it doesn't have to set itself up again. and imports the current inis
(11-06-2013, 12:34 PM)Saiki Wrote: PCSX2 create registry keys with the locations of the files it uses, so when you put new exes for newer revisions it doesn't have to set itself up again. and imports the current inis

I use a method that helps possible troubleshooting and testing.

Everything related to PCSX2 is kept under a folder (far from C: ) named PCSX2_Emulators.

Under this folder there is another called PCSX2_Common_Files where I keep the BIOS, Memcard folders and finally a Utilities folder.

Then, yet under PCSX2_Emulators is PCSX2_Newer, which not surprisingly hosts a copy of the last SVN I got. This is the folder I use to play.

Now, every version receives it's own folder named PCSX2_buildX where BuildX is the SVN build number.

Each these folders are made "portable" by addition of that portable.ini file which removes Register dependency and all versions points to the same common BIOS and memcard folders which are local to the ultra-root /PCSX2_Emulators.

Notice the savestates don't have a common folder, they are all local to the actual version. This is done to try and avoid possible problems introduced by them which could make hard to troubleshoot actual problems in the emulator and leave each SVN save with it's own savestates if the emulator is started from the specific directory. Of course I don't rely on savestates to keep long term saves which is a function for memcard.

If ever wanting to transport PCSX2 to another computer is enough I copy the whole PCSX2_Emulators folder to a pendrive (it is not that large if the ISOs are kept outside), or could copy just the PCSX2_Newer + PCSX2_Common_Files.

On the other hand is simple to backward test any version, like to try and pinpoint where a possible bug was introduced, that's easily done just by firing the emulator from inside the specific version directory.

That's it, trying to resume and hoping it comes out correct, the PCSX2 directory structure:

Code:
E:\PCSX2_Emulators\
   ..\PCSX2_Common_Files\
                     ..\BIOS                                  
                     ..\Memcards
   ..\PCSX2_Utilities\
                    ..\several utilities like cheat converters and such
   ..\PCSX2_Newer\   // the folder with a copy of the latest version, I just overwrite the files.

..\PCSX2_versionABC\
   ..\PCSX2_versionXYZ\ // many as are the SVN builds downloaded

The original packed files are kept in a backup folder.
I've always...

installed the stable full installer so the peripheral dependencies are installed too

Uninstall the full installer.

Download the SVN

And play PCSX2 from the folder right on my desktop

Never gives me problems. Smile
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(11-06-2013, 12:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

intel i3 3.10
4gb ram
ati radeon hd 5450
Revision 5760
----&----
intel i7 ?.??
16 ram
nevida ???
Revision 5760
--
i try to run the emulator not even run but the stable running
i want to run the emulator to make a visual server and playing resident evil out break with my friend together... but i can't

(11-06-2013, 12:15 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: Maybe the c++ didnt installed in your window

i had download it and install it 3 times..[and active it]

(11-06-2013, 12:19 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: My guess is you are trying the SVN on their own directory after having installed the stable, possibly under C:\Program Files (x86) and so the emulator is trying to get the sets from the old ini files (not sure if the installer sets register entries).

One immediate workaround is creating an empty file named portable.ini in the SVN root folder (just create an empty .txt file and rename it). This will force the emulator to create proper ini files locally with the advantage of making it really portable (you can put the folder in a pendrive and move to another computer and it will run out the box).

Finally, I suppose the SVN you are getting has the complete plugins set... besides and of course you need to point the BIOS path to the correct location or copy it to inside the respective folder locally, the same for the memcards and such.

PS edit: Beware the savestates, they aren't advisable and not granted in between different versions.

i am running it from{D:\games\MD_GAMES\emulators\PS\pcsx2}
i try to run it from program files(x86)[in my laptop] it's saying error msg{i can't run it and copy it for now sorry} and my pc dose't have the file..!
i had try to run it from desktop

(11-06-2013, 12:34 PM)Saiki Wrote: PCSX2 create registry keys with the locations of the files it uses, so when you put new exes for newer revisions it doesn't have to set itself up again. and imports the current inis

...?
ini file already done

(11-06-2013, 03:39 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: I use a method that helps possible troubleshooting and testing.

Everything related to PCSX2 is kept under a folder (far from C: ) named PCSX2_Emulators.

Under this folder there is another called PCSX2_Common_Files where I keep the BIOS, Memcard folders and finally a Utilities folder.

Then, yet under PCSX2_Emulators is PCSX2_Newer, which not surprisingly hosts a copy of the last SVN I got. This is the folder I use to play.

Now, every version receives it's own folder named PCSX2_buildX where BuildX is the SVN build number.

Each these folders are made "portable" by addition of that portable.ini file which removes Register dependency and all versions points to the same common BIOS and memcard folders which are local to the ultra-root /PCSX2_Emulators.

Notice the savestates don't have a common folder, they are all local to the actual version. This is done to try and avoid possible problems introduced by them which could make hard to troubleshoot actual problems in the emulator and leave each SVN save with it's own savestates if the emulator is started from the specific directory. Of course I don't rely on savestates to keep long term saves which is a function for memcard.

If ever wanting to transport PCSX2 to another computer is enough I copy the whole PCSX2_Emulators folder to a pendrive (it is not that large if the ISOs are kept outside), or could copy just the PCSX2_Newer + PCSX2_Common_Files.

On the other hand is simple to backward test any version, like to try and pinpoint where a possible bug was introduced, that's easily done just by firing the emulator from inside the specific version directory.

That's it, trying to resume and hoping it comes out correct, the PCSX2 directory structure:

Code:
E:\PCSX2_Emulators\
   ..\PCSX2_Common_Files\
                     ..\BIOS                                  
                     ..\Memcards
   ..\PCSX2_Utilities\
                    ..\several utilities like cheat converters and such
   ..\PCSX2_Newer\   // the folder with a copy of the latest version, I just overwrite the files.

..\PCSX2_versionABC\
   ..\PCSX2_versionXYZ\ // many as are the SVN builds downloaded

The original packed files are kept in a backup folder.

nice story but i hadn't read sorry.

(11-06-2013, 05:49 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: I've always...

installed the stable full installer so the peripheral dependencies are installed too

Uninstall the full installer.

Download the SVN

And play PCSX2 from the folder right on my desktop

Never gives me problems. Smile

i think i try it..yes i try ._.'
i but it tn desktop and run it.
MD_Alucard, no problem you didn't read my post, as stated in it's first line it's meant to help those willing to keep a structure to help testing and troubleshoot.

DaTankAC post is useful because addresses a common problem that is dependency lacks, that means the emulator's installer (the .exe version) cares to install the newest DirectX and such, being this way the easiest way to grant an out the box working setup.

The method works for any non protected Windows folder, like that D:\... you use, so there is no necessity to run it from the Desktop, actually is not good idea keeping more than shortcuts/icons in the desktop.

The point in DaTankAC's advice is in avoiding those folders which may trigger access rights issues. Sadly enough the "default" windows install, C:\Program Files and it's akin (x86) are among the worst possible places to install programs which uses plugins and or mods. The same applies to the Documents folder, although not a problem having ini files and other control files in there, like saves and such... is a bad idea having the actual executable running from inside it.

The problem with using the Desktop to keep files and programs is it is a special directory (yes, it is a directory) which is frequently polled by Windows, what means that keeping things in there is bad for Windows general performance.

Resuming: If the stable works but SVN don't... and since the SVN is working for everyone else, the conclusion is it's installation is missing files or using wrong ini files, and steps for solution were already given... you just might have to read the posts.