terrible performance version 1.7.0
(03-15-2021, 01:05 AM)jesalvein Wrote: from the op, it started with 686

684 might make sense (if he has disabled the Instant VU1 option) but 686 shouldn't have had any performance impact, that code won't even run most of the time.

If the OP has disabled Instant VU1 they should probably turn it back on, if they want 1.6 like behaviour, however MTVU will override that setting and turn it on anyway, and in 1.7 MTVU is recommended.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(03-15-2021, 10:46 AM)refraction Wrote: 684 might make sense (if he has disabled the Instant VU1 option) but 686 shouldn't have had any performance impact, that code won't even run most of the time.

If the OP has disabled Instant VU1 they should probably turn it back on, if they want 1.6 like behaviour, however MTVU will override that setting and turn it on anyway, and in 1.7 MTVU is recommended.

Like i said many times i didnt enable any speedhacks in both 1.6.0 and 1.7.0. Obviously the slider works differently in 1.7.0 , and disabling the hacks slider (lefmost one) will tank the performance. Probably by design but you need to put it in BOLD so on 1.7.0 release people wont freak out when they lose half of fps
(03-15-2021, 09:44 PM)btimofte Wrote: Like i said many times i didnt enable any speedhacks in both 1.6.0 and 1.7.0. Obviously the slider works differently in 1.7.0 , and disabling the hacks slider (lefmost one) will tank the performance. Probably by design but you need to put it in BOLD so on 1.7.0 release people wont freak out when they lose half of fps

I'm not talking about sliders, just the Instant VU1 tick box, which is enabled by default.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-15-2021, 10:46 AM)refraction Wrote: 684 might make sense (if he has disabled the Instant VU1 option) but 686 shouldn't have had any performance impact, that code won't even run most of the time.

hell yeah. forgot about it.
and since i always enable mtvu speedhack..
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
That option was new to me so I left it enabled and I did not had any speed problems
Maybe it's hardware or drivers related(I am using old nvidia drivers)
This could be related
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Weird-fr...ape-3-NTSC

If savefile is not working this is the stage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdeaOZSI0Qk

Enabling or disabling the option to help CPU with more than 3 cores does not help