tessellation support (dx11)
(03-16-2011, 06:47 PM)refraction Wrote: But you're out of luck Tongue2 it's either the ps2 or pc versions I'm afraid!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/str...%3Bsummary

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/nee...%3Bsummary

Sponsored links

Yeah and you can't play that on xbox emu as far as I know but you can play the PS2 emulated or the PC version, so what's your point? Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
now i'm playing those games with dolphin emu (graphic is better than ps2).
the point is: i know microsoft & sony threatened people & locked ps2 & xb for emulation, it's obvious.
the end.
How a thread about tessellation came to this stuff? hahahaha Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real
I think you're totally missing the point. Emulation isn't their target, they booked homebrew and hardware access to reduce piracy
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-17-2011, 12:06 AM)refraction Wrote: I think you're totally missing the point. Emulation isn't their target, they booked homebrew and hardware access to reduce piracy

they knew about underground business (emulation). (5th, 6th & 7th gen)
emulation = killing hardware sales.
thanks for info.
They don't really make that much from hardware sells, it's all in the game sales Tongue2

Offtopic:
I guess this is more like a "random thoughts" thread than a tessellation thread?

Oh and as far as being the winner, PS2 is definitely the winner, still making and selling new games and all.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
@Direct Play:

PCSX = ps1 emulator
PCSX2 = ps2 emulator

Both console sole tons of games and they were very successful in their time. So, your logic fails.
(03-17-2011, 12:14 AM)Direct Play Wrote: they knew about emulation business (5th, 6th & 7th gen), (emulation = killing hardware sales).
thanks for info.

You really are a man of randomly generated facts ;p

I just did a google search on "Emulator killing hardware sales", i found zero, yes ZERO reliable sources confirming this, the most i found was a couple of forum posts of users opinions, mostly from uneducated people.

Hardware sales are generally much of a muchness, you cant pirate hardware and emulators are far from perfect, plus with modern computers and consoles, emulating them is increasingly difficult, however emulators usually dont appear until a couple of years at least in to the hardware sales and so cannot have a negative impact.

The only thing which drives console sales is the game libraries, for example: If you have a console with Pong on it and another with say, Final Fantasy on it, but the Pong machine is far superior in hardware, which one will sell more?

If your answer is the pong machine, im afraid you are wrong.

As Shadow Lady said, software sales are far more important to the games companies than hardware sales, Sony has just started to break even on the PS3 hardware, if they didn't sell any games, it would be deemed a failure and a complete business waste of money, but the only thing which can effect this is piracy, which emulators are not to blame for in a majority of cases. I'm not going to say we arent responsible in some way, as that would be very closed minded of me. As much as i hate to admit it, people do pirate games and download emulators to save themselves buying the console and games.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

"people do pirate games and download emulators to save themselves buying the console and games."

that's the point & of course you can't find "emu hardware killing sales", because they (google, microsoft & others) filter search results with their huge/complex filtering systems.
they know who really you are, & then filter results base on your behavior.