the Hot shot golf and host shot tennis are very slow in hardware mode
Do the drops only happen when the character hits the ball? I remember playing Hot Shots 3 and the game would produce these visual fx like a type of zoom radial blur or something, among other things. Maybe it's a GPU bottleneck? Try playing around with the Alpha hack or Skipdraw under HW Hacks in gsdx plugin config.

Sponsored links

It would be nice to know what are your cpu/gpu specs? also what do the percentages at the top say when it goes slow? Can you take a screenshot?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-22-2013, 03:43 PM)refraction Wrote: It would be nice to know what are your cpu/gpu specs? also what do the percentages at the top say when it goes slow? Can you take a screenshot?
Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4045 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 09)
CPU speed = 3.208 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 7fbae3ff
x86EFlags = 28100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX

[Image: 194780683983937477.jpg]
okay thats your cpu, what about your GPU and those percentages?

(11-23-2013, 06:08 PM)refraction Wrote: okay thats your cpu, what about your GPU and those percentages?

by the way, I am from china,my english so-so... -_-!!,my graphic card is GForce GT 630

when i run the hot shot golf 3 in hardware mode,in the game opening
60FPS normarlly

the character is about to hit the golf,the FPS is about 15 in hardware mode

when I switch to software mode by pressing F9,the Speed is normal again

Your GPU isn't that strong, so I don't know if this game is heavily GPU-bound in HW mode or not. But if it runs at 60fps in SW mode, the answer is clear -- you should just play in SW mode until you get a better GPU for that game.

edit: Just noticed that HW mode doesn't render shadows or the depth-of-field effect that you can see in SW mode. Not only is SW mode more accurate for this game, but it's faster as well. The only drawback is no resolution scaling, but that's a small price to pay.
(11-23-2013, 09:55 PM)NarooN Wrote: Your GPU isn't that strong, so I don't know if this game is heavily GPU-bound in HW mode or not. But if it runs at 60fps in SW mode, the answer is clear -- you should just play in SW mode until you get a better GPU for that game.

edit: Just noticed that HW mode doesn't render shadows or the depth-of-field effect that you can see in SW mode. Not only is SW mode more accurate for this game, but it's faster as well. The only drawback is no resolution scaling, but that's a small price to pay.

thank you for your answer....^^
Hmm, have you tried turning MTVU off?

(11-24-2013, 12:49 AM)refraction Wrote: Hmm, have you tried turning MTVU off?

I try it,not any speed up .... - -