the well-known fps drop and lag
Sad 
Hi.

When i tried to play Sly 2, the game seemed to work normal. BUT when there's more details showing and movement on the screen, the game slooooows doooown. And suddenly it works fine again.
I can't understand that my specs are to low for this emulator, but i would be thankful if someone could rate the specs for me, and maybe tell me what i should do.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 3.1 GHz
RAM: 4GB
VGA: Asus Radeon HD 4850, 512MB GDDR3
Motherboard: asus m3n78-vm, GeForce 8200, DDR2

Sponsored links

if you want better results and a stable game, get a better CPU. Yours is old and only has 2 cores (won't get benefits from the mtvu hack...)
If you want better results without a better cpu, enable all recommended speedhacks, and experiment step by step with vu cycle stealing and ee cycle rate.
but don't expect miracles.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
New Christmas Gift for me Smile Thank you for answer!
Try to get an Intel system, they're a lot faster in emulators.
and about 3 times more expensive Tongue
(12-15-2012, 01:46 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: and about 3 times more expensive Tongue

Measure your budget, look up at what AMD and Intel CPU you can get for the money, 100% chance that Intel will still be faster than the AMD, even considering the OC potential.
About a little more expensive than AMD. I've done the comparison Tongue2
Price Vs Performance, there isn't much in it to be honest. It's very much a "you get what you pay for" scenario ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

And please stop taking the overal cpu clock frequency (core this multi core that) as an measurement to emulate pcsx2!!

Pcsx2 doesn't even utilize the 1/2 of my cpu clock !!
Yet, it still needs some speedhack to emulate games at full speed !!

Which leads me to think its rather more an pcsx2 shortcoming and cpu revision/core stepping/micro architecture thing .. in short the way the cpu handles I/O then anything else !!

I have found out that i own the better 965be from like 3 yES i repeat from atleast 3 different 965BE and yet also the same cpu's that has been made Glare

Took em like 3 tries to get it right, in a manner of speaking !!

So watch out, research and do read some more before you decide to buy a cpu and what not !!!

cherriepoppers,
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 [email protected] stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1