time to buy a new lapy :/
Hi all, so I need a lapy that can run everything a full 60 fps in software mode, so im looking at the system 76 kudu.

https://system76.com/cart/configure/kudu5
I know it comes with an (intel 620 thingy) and not a real gpu, but I do prefer software mode via avx.
It has an i7-8750H. 6 cores, 12 threads, @ 4.1 GHZ,

I Ive been trying to play some demanding games on my current cpu in software mode, like black, 20-30 fps, and driver paralell laines, 25-35 fps, my curremt laptop is using an i7 4702 mq. 4 cores, 8 threads, @ 3.2 ghz,.

Could the system 76 kudu be enough, with its i7 8750h?

Or should I save up 3000-4000$ and get a thinkpad with xeon?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored links

none will run everything full speed.
sorry
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanx for the reply Jesalvein,
Well in that case, do you or anyone know what cpu it would take to run driver paralell lanes and black full speed in software mode?

I ask this because out of all of my ps2 games those two are the most difficult to run, so if I had somthing strong enough to run them I know my other games would run perfect at least.
Nearly a grand base price and no discrete graphics option? No. Just. No. Don't let the fact that it comes preinstalled with Linux shaft you on the price for the level of capability they offer.
If your looking for a machine that costs about a grand with sweet base specs, I'd recommend Newegg as the vendor.
For a brand with decent base specs for the price (and usually you can upgrade parts later rather easily) I'd go with Acer.
Right now there's deal on offer (A717-72G-700J) at Newegg, that has the same CPU as that Kudu model you are looking at., but doubles the RAM, the storage, and adds a discrete GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB for the same price. (On the System76 site, the first laptop that has discrete graphics is the Oryx Pro which starts at $1699)

Software rendering is typically meant for edge cases that don't play nice with the hardware renderers.  The public compatibility pages of the two games you mentioned haven't been updated in over 4 years, meaning that they could have very well had the HW rendering issues fixed.