to all win7 user
Tongue 
i wondering about Readyboost feature, is it support my RAM or CPU or GPU and it supposed to speeding my pc a lot? is fullscreen helps to increase speed? when i changing to windows classic, is it supposed to increase a lot of fps instead of plus 5-7 fps? gsdx9 and gsdx10 have their own game? what is advantages of 64bit using pcsx2?

ps: this is not only to win7 user, opinion and experienced will help too Tongue

Sponsored links

*readyboost whats that??? Excl
*some games nid to be full-screen to improve FPS like BT3
*of course disabling windows aero is a factor of helping the speed of pcsx2 a little...
*and there is no advantages between x86-OS and x64-OS to run pcsx2
*if your rig is less than 3 GB of RAM you can use x86 and x64,if your rig is 3 GB or higher you cannot use x86-OS you must use x64-OS
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
my lappy has 4 GB RAM and it runs Windows 7 x86 just fine.
Only detects about 3.3 GB of ram though.
(04-01-2010, 05:59 PM)tallbender Wrote: *readyboost whats that??? Excl
*some games nid to be full-screen to improve FPS like BT3
*of course disabling windows aero is a factor of helping the speed of pcsx2 a little...
*and there is no advantages between x86-OS and x64-OS to run pcsx2
*if your rig is less than 3 GB of RAM you can use x86 and x64,if your rig is 3 GB or higher you cannot use x86-OS you must use x64-OS

seriously..u use win7 rite? thanx for your answer.
(04-01-2010, 05:22 PM)sasuketaichou Wrote: i wondering about Readyboost feature, is it support my RAM or CPU or GPU and it supposed to speeding my pc a lot?

readyboost requires you to have a USB stick that you dont mind being used for nothing but windows files, it will provide a "small" increase in general windows speed, it will help in no way help pcsx2.

it works by storing all the used small files your pc needs on a usb memory stick, hard drives (until the recent Solid state ones) have been notoriously slow at reading these small files, so this is an effort to make it quicker (flash doesnt suffer the same issues as mechanical drives)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-01-2010, 06:01 PM)andutrache Wrote: my lappy has 4 GB RAM and it runs Windows 7 x86 just fine.
Only detects about 3.3 GB of ram though.

I would suggest you get the 64bit version installed, since you are effectively wasting quite a chunk of memory, and the only reason is that your laptop manufacturer is lazy.
i7 @ 3.2Ghz /w Noctua
6GB Dominator 1600Mhz
5770 Vapor-X
1.5 TB Raid 5 /w 3ware 9650SE

You can use the 32bit, but its a waste if you have more than around 3.5Gbs.
Readyboost doesn't help, as previously mentioned.
Windows classic (disabling aero) just removes some load off of your GPU, so if your GPU is underperforming you should gain a small boost in fps from disabling aero.
Laptop
Intel Core 2 Duo PM8600 @ 2.4 GHz
4 GB DDR3 1066 RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670 512 MB

Desktop
AMD Phenom II x2 550 (unlocked to 4)@ 3.5ghz
4 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Sapphire 5770 1GB