tota's ghosting
(03-25-2015, 01:31 AM)densetsu86 Wrote: sorry but to me that looks like a big difference. granted its sharp but theres more to video then sharp. you also want vibrant. those colors got dulled to a high amount.

seriously not happy. i have to go find the source code and freakin compile a pcsx2 not only that but read up on it to do it right. wish they make a new color to their compatibility cause in my eyes this is not a proper emulation for the game. sure enough you can play it to beginning to end but you have to lose so much of this game to do so. sigh. sorry just ranting. wish one of my favorite ps2 titles wasn't so broke.

So increase the saturation as well if you want in the Shade Boost. Daath isn't exactly known to be colorful in the first place. All the other areas look fine. And increasing saturation will help with it if it's truly needed.

They don't need to make a 'new fix' for this. Because there's already various ways to do it yourself. All of which are described right here in this very topic. And if you really insist on using this outdated patch then you'll just have to compile it yourself. Don't expect the devs to do it for you just because you can't or aren't willing to learn. Sometimes you just have to do a bit of work for things.

I still think you're being overly dramatic about having to lose so much of the game. You act as if it's unplayable, which is far from the truth.
And you really aren't losing that much. You can make this game more vibrant as much as you want by using the correct settings.

[Edit] The TC Offset 450X is still the best fix for this game imo. The only downside is that it doesn't fix ghosting entirely. But this way you get to keep the blooming at least. (Proper bloom).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)

Sponsored links

OP, you probably should have searched for some Tales of the Abyss threads, I've helped at least 4 people set it up correctly. I also have the special GSdx version for Tales of the Abyss which I'll link here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By9ra_2...sp=sharing

Ryudo, no need to make him go through a hack fix when there is a better solution out there.
It's his choice to go through with it. Nobody's making him do it.

And an old GSdx (that's also slower due to being SSE2) is not always a better solution for everyone. He already said he knew about the special GSdx version that's available.

(03-24-2015, 09:44 PM)densetsu86 Wrote: I get how to use the modified GSdx32-SSE2.dll (sucks I can't use GSdx32-AVX.dll with tota if I want to get rid of the ghosting without having to use skipdraw).

[Edit]
Sooo. To sum it all up, someone that has experience in compiling would have to patch an AVX2/SSE4 version of one of the more recent GSdx releases (probably the best one would be the stable 1.2.1 version) as the best possible solution. This would also make it better in terms of stability and speed too.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
Because GSdx gets a lot of improvements over time, right? It may be SSE2, but unless he can do it himself, he's stuck with it. Also, it really sounds like he doesn't know what to do at all. Why bother applying a patch when a version exists already? Mixed signals, interpretation of words at play here.
(03-25-2015, 01:40 AM)densetsu86 Wrote: well thanks for pointing that out. didn't even knew that even existed.

but heres the issue, the skipdraw kills that. because I opened it up and its been on. so yeah... sigh...

using skipdraw destroys blooms (the games natural bloom and the pcsx2 shaders bloom), and puts the game in sunset mode. the colors are dull, its like a sunset but with out the radiance of a sunset just its lighting conditions. or more acuatly it looks like I am wearing my glass that have flex tint. very sharp but have a lighter dark then normal sunglasses.

Again learn how to set up the gsdx shader to the way you want it it...

Skipdraw is applied BEFORE the gsdx shader is applied so skipdraw has no effect on gsdx shader you need to pick and choose what you want more. that or feel free to program your own emulator if you think u can do better, the game is not broke in anyway. other choice is play it on the ps2 where it will far worse
(03-25-2015, 02:16 AM)Bigbenn01 Wrote: Because GSdx gets a lot of improvements over time, right? It may be SSE2, but unless he can do it himself, he's stuck with it. Also, it really sounds like he doesn't know what to do at all. Why bother applying a patch when a version exists already? Mixed signals, interpretation of words at play here.

And he already specified he doesn't want to use the SSE2 plugin. So he's looking for alternative methods, which we gave him. That's all there is to it. If that means having to use hacks in the mean time then that's just a choice he has to make.

He has 3 options here.

1. Use the SSE2 version.
2. Use the hacks mentioned, plus settings mentioned.
3. Learn how to compile GSdx himself, or maybe ask someone that's experienced in compiling to do it for him. (SSE4/AVX2)
(03-25-2015, 01:35 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: This can be fixed by using gsdx shader too... one just need to learn to use it

And if you think you can do better feel free to contribute to emulator. Other wise dont complain about something that done free charge in people free time... nor is the game broke, broke imply it dont work or has massive issues which it does not....

first off I am in no way a coder. don't know the first thing about coding and don't wish to learn its the one part of IT I wish to stay away from. second if you can't play a game the way its meant to (besides resolution cause we all want hd) can we say for certain that its a proper emulation? the games bloom needs to be removed, the colors get dulled. that is just as bad as having broken music or inaccurate music. its not a proper emulation.

and as I said I love their work. they made most of the game flawless. and even enhanced a lot of games with wide screen hacks, the higher internal resolution. I just ranted on that one of my favorite ps2 titles to me is in a barely playable state. you have to do so much to get the game running when a simple hack setting like in the h/w hacks or in the core gs setting under game fixes where they have tales of the abyss as a check box that has the proper fixes that the one guy kross (sorry if I didn't get it right) made.

and its a bit annoying that the only way to get the game to be played properly outside of resolution one needs to make their on personal pcsx2.

and really you going with that argument. that's a childish argument and you know it. if I knew how to code and make my own personal pcsx2 do you really think I will be here asking how to fix this title let alone contribute? i'm not trying to be a jerk. I have a lot of other stuff on my plate that when I want to play a game for relaxation I don't want to go study on programming just to do that. a product was supplied they said this game is playable. which it is. but its not an actual representation of the game. I don't have the programming knowledge to ever get this game to be an actual representation. and you are going to tell me I should contribute? make a build?

just cause something is free are we not allowed to complain and wonder why that when somebody did/does actually fix the issue it never made/makes it into a build so we can download. we should just shut up and be grateful? the pcsx2 has gotten damn good because people complained. if nobody complained, given them criticism then this project would have never made it this far. look at the game fixes section of the emulator. i'm betting at one point they were all just .patches and one of the people that codes and makes this emulator so great put it in there for ease of use. "oops this is not running right. let me check game fixes. yup its there" and check fixed. cause somebody added that there.

i'm just wondering why that curtsey wasn't done for tota. you can think of me as you will. im not trying to be a jerk. this is a great software and kudos to the team for doing. all I ever did was just wish my favorite game didn't fall through the cracks.

whats fine and playable to one person may not be to another. but as long as you make it so the game is emulated the way it should be represented and enhanced from there like widescreen and internal resolution then you did your job right and above the call of duty. and nobody can complain. but this game is not in that state. we got enhancements, widescreen but we loose bloom, and suffer a color hit cause it was darkened and we tried brightening it up but it will never have the bloom nor brightness the original had.

and seriously I don't want to have an argument. theres no point to one. you feel like im hating on a product and you need to white knight it. but I am not hating on it. im just a bit disappointed. and I hope that they do address this problem (which most likely won't since this has been around 2012). I love pcsx2. its awesome. my ps2 is aging and I want to preserve it as long as humanly possible. and this program allows me to do so and give new life into the games. some games just look absolutely stunning on it that the ps2 and the ps3 never could do or even dreamt about doing. and for that I am grateful but if you think that I can't criticize it and hope for some changes you are wrong.
I do wonder though why the patch was never added in future GSdx versions as a default fix if it truly fixes things in ToA, and why it was only put in SSE2.
(03-25-2015, 02:17 AM)Ryudo Wrote: And he already specified he doesn't want to use the SSE2 plugin. So he's looking for alternative methods, which we gave him. That's all there is to it. If that means having to use hacks in the mean time then that's just a choice he has to make.

He has 3 options here.

1. Use the SSE2 version.
2. Use the hacks mentioned, plus settings mentioned.
3. Learn how to compile GSdx himself, or maybe ask someone that's experienced in compiling to do it for him. (SSE4/AVX2)

I never said I don't want to use it. I just said it sucks I can't use the other. i'm perfectly fine with sse2. my main point is using the .patch which I have no clue on how to do. and everything I find is a .pnach. sigh the misconceptions of typing.

what I want to know is how to apply the AutoOffset_PlusAbyss2.patch. that I have absolutely no idea how to apply. I try to look up how to apply patches and it seems like all I find is out dated information. where I guess at one point there was a /patches folder and what it was used for is cheats. so to me it seems like a precursor for the pnach and cheats folders. I don't know I only found out about this program in February.

I just want to put in that patch and use that sse2. and play it by the guidelines that they wrote. 3x ir, 4x msaa.

that's really the only thing I am looking for. I knew of skipdraw (and there is no bloom in the game with it on). I don't want to use that method. the only method I would like to use cause I consider it the best method (yours may be the skipdraw and that's perfectly fine) is the one that involves the modified sse2 (and I have been praising it) and that autooffset patch. and I only want to know how to apply that auto offset patch. if it was a pnach file I wouldn't even be here. I would just fix the crc of the pnach to match my version and done. but this is not a pnach its a patch file and all I like to know is how to apply that. not make my own gsdx, his is fine, never said I wouldn't use it.

has this cleared the air?
Well it's definitely not a pnach file, that much I can guarantee you.

The only patch I know of is KrossX's patch though. But I don't know how he originally labeled it. It could very well be the same patch that's applied to the SSE2 file.

And a patch file like that can only be applied by compiling it yourself, there's no other way to do it. Sadly it's not like an IPS patch that you could easily apply to a ROM.