total noob to emulators. Just wanted to make sure.
When I say noob I mean like starting yesterday. I have PCSX2 1.4.0 installed. I wanted to make sure that my computer is powerful enough to run some of the more graphic intense games (I am guessing they are more intense) I.E. Devil May Cry. Have already tried that out, it looks pretty but I am having some frame rate issues. It bounces back and fourth, between 60 fps and 15 ish fps. I looked at several videos and and threads but this is just kicking my but. I figured if I can get this game working I should be able to get any of them working....But before I go any further I just wanted to make sure my laptop is even worth using the emulator  on.

If anybody can make some suggestions I would really like the help...

here is what I am currently running.
Dell Laptop
Windows 10 X64
CPU Intell i7-2670QM
Nvidia GeForce GT-525
8GB of Ram

pcsx2 1.4.0

Sponsored links

(01-09-2016, 09:42 PM)tb-1599 Wrote: When I say noob I mean like starting yesterday. I have PCSX2 1.4.0 installed. I wanted to make sure that my computer is powerful enough to run some of the more graphic intense games (I am guessing they are more intense) I.E. Devil May Cry. Have already tried that out, it looks pretty but I am having some frame rate issues. It bounces back and fourth, between 60 fps and 15 ish fps. I looked at several videos and and threads but this is just kicking my but. I figured if I can get this game working I should be able to get any of them working....But before I go any further I just wanted to make sure my laptop is even worth using the emulator  on.

If anybody can make some suggestions I would really like the help...

here is what I am currently running.
Dell Laptop
Windows 10 X64
CPU Intell i7-2670QM
Nvidia GeForce GT-525
8GB of Ram

pcsx2 1.4.0

PCSX2 and most emulators require a powerful CPU much rather than a powerful GPU.

Whilst you have a decent cpu, what matters the most is the single thread performance of it. Making a quick google search, yours scores around 1400, whereas the preferred score to run games is about 2000.

I think that kind of justifies the frames that you are dropping.
Woahs... 2000 STP is only necessary for the strongest and hardest of games to play. 1400 is plenty fine for just about most games you can think of, of course it always helps to know "what" you want to play. Just as an example, I run a very old AMD CPU, an AMD Phenom II X4 940 that has a "slight" overclock. I get around 1150 STP, and honestly, every game I've wanted to play has been dandy. I obviously can't play the big guns like Ratchet and Clank or the likes, but that's okay. There are a ton of great games to continue to play anyhow.

I believe the actual preferred mark is around 1600-1800 to handle pretty much all games aside from a very limited few. 1400 is perfectly fine and will play a lot of great games.
Try using MTVU it should give a speedboost.
If you're looking to play Devil May Cry 3, theres also a PC version.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

Make sure you're plugged in and set to high performance mode, this makes a big difference.